Any good podcast recommendations?

Here's one on how crazy the Jehovas Witnesses are. I mean...WOW.

Essentially a doomsday cult that keeps getting the end of the world date wrong then rationalizing it with even worse excuses.

They make Mormons look normal.

Their churches don't have windows.
It's simply because they use *ahem* volunteers who are not builders and its just easier and cheaper to build the "Kingdom Halls" that way.

They don't call them churches for two reasons. 1- the "church" is said to be the body of people and nor necessarily the building and 2- to differentiate themselves from all the other faiths that are doing it wrong.

Which all the other faiths think of all the other faiths too.

It's simply because they use *ahem* volunteers who are not builders and its just easier and cheaper to build the "Kingdom Halls" that way.

They don't call them churches for two reasons. 1- the "church" is said to be the body of people and nor necessarily the building and 2- to differentiate themselves from all the other faiths that are doing it wrong.

Which all the other faiths think of all the other faiths too.
I thought it was to conceal the blood spatter from the virginal sacrifice.

I thought it was to conceal the blood spatter from the virginal sacrifice.
Oh no.

Well maybe.

But all accusations of sexual misconduct are handled internally and require "a second witness" in order to he seriously considered. Most are simply tossed out. Because who commits sexual misconduct with witnesses around?

They also usually don't vote, are conscientious objectors, and usually live right around the poverty line. Except the elders, of course.

Because why bother accumulating wealth and status if the second coming is next Thursday.

No wait, it was last Thursday and we didn't see Jesus because he's invisible.

It's that bad.

And I still have an hour left to listen to.

Essentially a doomsday cult that keeps getting the end of the world date wrong then rationalizing it with even worse excuses.

I just started downloading some of his podcasts so far eh

The Higherside Chats

Profiles In Eccentricity

The Tim Dillon Show

Your Mom's House Podcast

Hardcore History

Duncan Trussell's Family Hour

Emil Amos's Drifters Sympathy

Office Hours With Tim Heidecker

I should give that Podcast about Jehovah's witness a listen.

I have delivered to a Jehovah witness compound.
I got a really weird feeling as soon as the black suit, white shirt and black tie guys let me through the gate.
It was weird, cameras were everywhere! Before delivering there I din't think people actually lived there but they do.

Pray to what ever God you want or don't pray to whatever god you don't want to pray to.. but,The Lord did Not sayeth thou shall waketh up thy neighbor early on a day of rest or sabbath!🛌💤🙏📿

I should give that Podcast about Jehovah's witness a listen.

I have delivered to a Jehovah witness compound.
I got a really weird feeling as soon as the black suit, white shirt and black tie guys let me through the gate.
It was weird, cameras were everywhere! Before delivering there I din't think people actually lived there but they do.

Pray to what ever God you want or don't pray to whatever god you don't want to pray to.. but,The Lord did Not sayeth thou shall waketh up thy neighbor early on a day of rest or sabbath!🛌💤🙏📿
I didn't know you worked for DHL.

I just downloaded it.
It sounds interesting, I will give it a listen tomorrow while I am working to break up the mind numbing monotony of my work day.

I did start listening to that podcast on the Jehovah witnesses's's during my shift. I got through some of it but people kept interrupting me with requests like we need this trailer moved here and this trailer moved there. So annoying! :throwfit:
Okay I was listening to the beginning of the Podcast and it was going well, the guy was attacking the credibility of the Jehovah's on their doomsday predictions and I would agree.
Then the guy gets into this thing about masturbation tools that Jehovah's use. (well I don't know I got to take your word for it). Then the guy says he made all of that up. Well that just destroyed your credibility right there!:foreheadslap:
I will eventually listen to it to the end but, He should consider maybe not just making shit up for entertainment value if he wants to be taken seriously!

I did start listening to that podcast on the Jehovah witnesses's's during my shift. I got through some of it but people kept interrupting me with requests like we need this trailer moved here and this trailer moved there. So annoying! :throwfit:
Okay I was listening to the beginning of the Podcast and it was going well, the guy was attacking the credibility of the Jehovah's on their doomsday predictions and I would agree.
Then the guy gets into this thing about masturbation tools that Jehovah's use. (well I don't know I got to take your word for it). Then the guy says he made all of that up. Well that just destroyed your credibility right there!:foreheadslap:
I will eventually listen to it to the end but, He should consider maybe not just making shit up for entertainment value if he wants to be taken seriously!
Hes a comedian. That's why he does that. It's not supposed to be an all serious podcast.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of that particular style either.

I'll find one or two more with subjects that interest me but I don't think I'm going to be a regular follower of this one.

Hes a comedian. That's why he does that. It's not supposed to be an all serious podcast.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of that particular style either.

I'll find one or two more with subjects that interest me but I don't think I'm going to be a regular follower of this one.
Oh, I didn't know he was a comedian by trade. .
This is the first Podcast I have ever listened to, think I am now a fan of podcasts.

I lost interest in the Jehovah's, they are ****ed up I get it.

Yesterday I downloaded some podcasts to listen to in my free time.
Today I listened to a Podcast called stuff you should know.
The first one was Planned obsolescence. It was pretty good and left me with somethings to think about when making purchases.

The second Podcast I listened to today was again from Things you should know. The topic was How embalming works.
Pretty cool if you are into what morgues do, what morgues do and are pretty morbid to begin with.
They reference the show six feet under, several times. I have not seen the show but now I want to.

I didn't honestly think I could get into Podcasts.
I am hooked on Podcasts now. Hey, I may as well learn something when I am killing time.
I love Youtube videos and other media where I can learn something new.

Maybe if I had taken this much of an interest in learning when I was in school things could have turned out very differently. Maybe I could have got a Masters degree and got a job at Starbucks. 👨‍🎓 :thumbsup:

I used to listen to Dale Jr Download. It's not all racing but when it is, it's often interviews with behind the scenes players you might not have even heard of, who helped make it all work. Many are from the 80s and 90s heyday. Some even from the early days, although they're quite old now and sometimes hard to follow.

Anyway, I had to stop listening when he sold naming rights to his studio to Bojangles. Nothing against Bojangles but listening to the first 5 minutes of plug about fast food (ads in general irritate me as it is) just makes the whole thing feel cheap. A banner on the screen shot or a quick "brought to you by" would be fine but apparently they paid him to talk about it conversationally and I always hate when anyone does that.

Imagine having a conversation with a friend at a party about that hot chick over in the corner and then suddenly they start to tell you how Bud Light always fills you up and never lets you down and how great the people who work and run Budweiser are and how they always drink Budweiser every chance they get then 5 minutes later they resume the conversation about wanting to have a run at the girl standing over in the corner.

I used to listen to Dale Jr Download. It's not all racing but when it is, it's often interviews with behind the scenes players you might not have even heard of, who helped make it all work. Many are from the 80s and 90s heyday. Some even from the early days, although they're quite old now and sometimes hard to follow.

Anyway, I had to stop listening when he sold naming rights to his studio to Bojangles. Nothing against Bojangles but listening to the first 5 minutes of plug about fast food (ads in general irritate me as it is) just makes the whole thing feel cheap. A banner on the screen shot or a quick "brought to you by" would be fine but apparently they paid him to talk about it conversationally and I always hate when anyone does that.

Imagine having a conversation with a friend at a party about that hot chick over in the corner and then suddenly they start to tell you how Bud Light always fills you up and never lets you down and how great the people who work and run Budweiser are and how they always drink Budweiser every chance they get then 5 minutes later they resume the conversation about wanting to have a run at the girl standing over in the corner.
So it's a racing oriented show and you're surprised they sold out to advertisers.

I downloaded a "Ted talks" podcast because it was like 8 min long. Ok cool quick listen to learn something. I used to watch Ted talks on Netflix.
Kinda the same thing with Ted talks audio or video. Pretty much pointless and you are now dumber for having listened to it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread