Any Companies that hire and train new drivers that dont have a policy forbidding firearms?

johncarterofmars

Dose anyone know of any companies that do not have a no firearm policy that also train new drivers?

It is my understanding that most big companies have rules specifically forbidding firearms in their trucks. If anyone can list some companies that dont that would be very helpful.

I highly doubt that any of the "training companies" would be cool with it.... especially with a "new hire" that they basically know little or nothing about.

Think about this. In light of the recent past dealing with "terrorism" here, someone who you don't know wants to drive your truck..... which often go to "sensitive" areas..... and carry a weapon. Think you'd be just a little wary of hiring them?

I highly doubt that any of the "training companies" would be cool with it.... especially with a "new hire" that they basically know little or nothing about.

Think about this. In light of the recent past dealing with "terrorism" here, someone who you don't know wants to drive your truck..... which often go to "sensitive" areas..... and carry a weapon. Think you'd be just a little wary of hiring them?
No. But then again I am intelligent and reasonable enough to know that if someone passed a FBI Backround check, has never commited a felony, never been adjudicated mental defective, never been committed, never commited dometic violence, has a crystal clear criminal history and was able to get licenced to carry in several states he probably isn't much of a threat.

Why would a truck driver who has to deliver to bad areas and may have to park and sleep in shady areas occasionally want to have a gun? If you have to ask that or think that there has to be something wrong with someone who would want to or are even suspicious of that desire the problem is with you.

Also only a moron would put someone they thought was a threat into a semi-truck...something that btw is much more dangerous then a gun.

A semi-truck would be more usefull to a terrorist then a firearm...and do you really think someone who was willing to commit an act of terrorism and murder people would care about company policy anyways?

for me, it would depend if you took the time to get the necessary conceal carry or permits to carry for the states.

If you took that time and effort, there's no reason to not allow it.

Also only a moron would put someone they thought was a threat into a semi-truck...something that btw is much more dangerous then a gun.

A semi-truck would be more usefull to a terrorist then a firearm...and do you really think someone who was willing to commit an act of terrorism and murder people would care about company policy anyways?
Please print this quote out and carry it in your wallet.The first month in this business and you will see this industry is plagued with exactly the type of people who would put those people in trucks and then run them till they mentally crack. Im as serious as a heart attack. YOUR IN FOR A TREAT!

No one will openly allow you to carry in a commercial truck.
You looking for someone to give you permission. You should just do and not say anything to anyone!
No, not permission. I just would rather work for a company that didnt have a specific policy against it if I can find one.

I dont plan on telling anyone either way.

Please print this quote out and carry it in your wallet.The first month in this business and you will see this industry is plagued with exactly the type of people who would put those people in trucks and then run them till they mentally crack. Im as serious as a heart attack. YOUR IN FOR A TREAT!

Sorry, but this isn't as serious as a heart attack....

there's no more dangerous people in this industry than any other industry.
yes... sure the people are people like in a grocery store job or any other job.

But give them a truck when they dont have the proper training and to me that makes their dangerous factor go thru the roof.
They give people a truck who can barley drive a car. That makes them super dangerous to me. The actual people are people but combine them with a loaded truck and no experience and they are super dangerous.

for me, it would depend if you took the time to get the necessary conceal carry or permits to carry for the states.

If you took that time and effort, there's no reason to not allow it.

Catch 22 though is that I need training and experience and from what I understand its hard to get a smaller company to hire you if you dont have those.

If the truck ever gets searched and the officer who searches the vehicle happens to dislike the right to keep and bear arms he could possibly tip off the company. In some states you are legally required to tell the police you are carrying as well. Id like to not get fired before I have a full year experience and to be honest this fear is the only reason I am asking.

I do remember seeing on another forum that someone said Conway didnt have a no-firearm policy however that was the only big company listed, the post was a few years old, and their policies may have changed since that was posted as far as I know.

If I could get a list of every company that offers training that dosnt have such a policy that would rock.

Something Ive thought of is maybe saving up to pay for truck driving school and finding a smaller company with no such policy that was willing to train.

Looks like you're going to be looking for a while. It's not just about what the companies say. Different states have different rules on "CC" as well. You may be able to carry in New Jersey but not in New York. You're not going to find a company that doesn't have some kind of rule or prohibition on firearms.

I'll ask this.....

WHAT is the most logical firearm to carry that would be least likely to get you into trouble in any jurisdiction, provided you are permitted as required by law.

All that considering you could move from Jersey to new York to Florida to Wyoming to Washington all in a short period of time.

I'll ask this.....

WHAT is the most logical firearm to carry that would be least likely to get you into trouble in any jurisdiction, provided you are permitted as required by law.

All that considering you could move from Jersey to new York to Florida to Wyoming to Washington all in a short period of time.
Good question

Looks like you're going to be looking for a while. It's not just about what the companies say. Different states have different rules on "CC" as well. You may be able to carry in New Jersey but not in New York. You're not going to find a company that doesn't have some kind of rule or prohibition on firearms.
As long as you unload the firearm and store it before you get to New York and dont stop to sleep while you are in said state you are not violating any laws. There is a federal law regarding interstate travel with a firearm that protects gun-owners from such commie jurisdictions provided they are just passing through and get in and get out.

A combination of a few states carry permits will allow legal carry in 30-40 something states because of reciprocity and I can store the firearms unloaded before crossing into the others.
I have most of the applicable laws written down somewhere.

Im not even worried about getting fired for violating company policy as long as I can get a year experience in...but Id rather work for a company that didnt have such a policy obviously.

Like I said I heard Conway is one. That may have changed though so dont quote me on that.

I'll ask this.....

Probably a 1911 or a Revolver, bolt action rifle, or pump action shotgun. Although if you only carry 10 round mags on you then you should be ok with a glock.

In New York you cant stop to sleep or shop and must have them unloaded and stored, in California you should have them unloaded and stored but you can stop at places and stuff. The exception would be if you were a Cali or New York resident...then you could actually get a permit to carry in your home state. New York City has a specific permit you have to get to have a gun there however only residents can get it and from what I understand it is hard for New York residents to get a carry permit.

Cali residents who live in commie counties with commie sherrifs such as LA you will find it difficult to get a carry permit since the state is may issue and they can deny anyone for any reason. If you donate thousands of dollars to the sherrifs reelection campain or know him personally its doable though...or you can move to another county...one who's sheriff isnt an oathbreaker.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150101/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation Here read this.

Some localities have methed up commie laws to which exceed the commieness of the state laws...something to keep in mind.

don't forget that NY state also has that stupid 7 round limit. NJ also has their Hollow point prohibition.

You can get 7 round mags for a 1911...Wilson Combat makes good ones. Not sure about the Glock or other semi-auto handguns.

My prefered carry gun is a Glock 19 however I have never had to go to New York so I have never looked into 7 round mags. I didn't even know about that restriction in NY to be honest.

Most revolvers dont have more then 7 rounds. You can find pump action shotguns and semi-auto shotguns as well as bolt action rifles and semi-auto rifles with a capcity of less then 7 rounds.

Also if you have a gun in your vehicle which is specifically forbidden in a state you have to pass through you can call a gun shop that is on the way and ask if they will store your gun for a fee and ship it to another gun dealer.

For example if you have to go to canada you can call a few gun dealers and see if you can have a dealer you pass on the way ship it to dealer you will be passing on the way back through.

I dont know if you call Canadian boarder patrol before you get there if they will store them for you until you come back.

Im not sure if that interstate law I posted applies to capacity restrictions as its been awhile since I have looked into this.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150101/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation

...passed a FBI Backround check, has never commited a felony, never been adjudicated mental defective, never been committed, never commited dometic violence, has a crystal clear criminal history....

You just described every terrorist who committed an act on US soil, plus most mass shooters in recent history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread