Antique fire truck

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
FreightCoin
This belonged to Manteno, IL fire department's assistant chief Gerald Dole, who died of cancer last Friday.

They had it parked outside the funeral home. Appears to be all original.

20211123_183648.jpg

20211123_160323.jpg

20211123_160331.jpg

I don't know what the purple & black banner is for but purple and white are the high school's colors.

Dole was a very well respected man in this area. The place was packed.

Last edited:

GAnthony

No soup for you...!!
Premium
FreightCoin
This belonged to Manteno, IL fire department's assistant chief Gerald Dole, who died of cancer last Friday.

They had it parked outside the funeral home. Appears to be all original.

View attachment 85800

View attachment 85801

View attachment 85802

I don't know what the purple & black banner is for but purple and white are the high school's colors.

Dole was a very well respected man in this area. The place was packed.
i watch a few restoration shows. many times now, the original look is more of a value, than a full blown repaint. but a full upgrade of all the safety items, and engine/transmission is done.

the color of the flag, had it been all black, would have been for a death/mourning.

Firefighter mourning flags are made up of three vertical stripes. The left stripe is purple, the middle one is white and the right stripe is black. On the center white stripe is a Maltese cross in black outline.

Last edited:

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
FreightCoin
i watch a few restoration shows. many times now, the original look is more of a value, than a full blown repaint. but a full upgrade of all the safety items, and engine/transmission is done.

the color of the flag, had it been all black, would have been for a death/mourning
I hope his sons keep that or give/sell it to another Manteno fireman. I'd like to see it run some day.

It was freezing cold and we didn't have coats on. I just had my suit and tie. So I didn't look at it very long. I don't even recall looking to see if it had a twin stick.

Users who are viewing this thread