Coronavirus Amazon Loads Are All Solo Loads Now, Teams Being Sent Home Due To Coronavirus Social Distancing

Mike

Staff member
From the email I just received.....

Dear Carriers,

Customers are writing us daily, telling us how the ability to get priority products to them is helping them live better, and we want to thank you and your drivers for helping our communities.

With our ongoing focus on the health and safety of our employees, customers, carrier partners, and drivers, and to ensure we’re practicing social distancing, we will move our current Team designated lanes to be Solo lanes, migrating from two drivers to one driver on all long haul lanes. Amazon will plan long haul loads with solo transits to allow for adherence to HOS associated with only one driver in the truck. Amazon will continue to pay the same rate that is provided today, including a fuel surcharge based on miles tendered. By providing the full team rate, carriers should be able to continue compensating all drivers while maintaining guidelines for Social Distancing.

Mike

Staff member
Haven't paid attention to their load board, but it might be worth looking at again with this news.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
That makes zero sense if you ask me and no one ever does.

Team drivers are always together and if they are both safe, (not infected) they are as safe as any solo driver.

Mike

Staff member
That makes zero sense if you ask me and no one ever does.

Team drivers are always together and if they are both safe, (not infected) they are as safe as any solo driver.
SOCIAL DISTENSINGISTEHAFIEG! WE WILL DYE WIFOUT IT!

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Because now they can abuse the drivers with HOS tossed to the side and able to complete it in the same time.