Alternate Fuels don't work

Flatbedpete

Drivers unite
Well just spent the day getting a couple of plow trucks running correctly. Two trucks I have are dedicated to plowing our lot and a couple of churches in town. This past winter was kinda rough but not the end of the world. I had been purchasing fuel from the closest station that is 8 miles away. It is a BP and had noticed the increase of alcohol added to the fuel and never really paid any attention to it until today. The fuel was about a month old and neither truck would start. With some tests and scanning the electrical system I had found both trucks failed on the TPS switch. Throttle position sensor. Having to remove the throttle body to replace these switches you would not believe the the gooey build up of sludge. This is the result of 10 percent alcohol mixed in fuel and a vehicle that is just not compatible with this much of mix. This would also explain the lack of power and performance. Looking into this further I now have to rebuild 5 carburetors on the two sleds we have caused by the same problem. I have been working with a few people who are now having the same problems, but much more extreme since they went and purchased the E - 85 fuel which has a 75% higher alcohol content. The alcohol we have in our fuel is causing major problems with many cars and small gas engines for the fact it eats up seals and plastics. So much for our alternate fuel that robs us of power and performance and fuel mileage. What tiny bit we may save will cause us thousands in repairs.

Not to mention, corn on the cob is gonna be a hot commodity. That whole ethanol kick is so insane, and even crazier that people fell for it.

I do remember hearing that it can reap havoc on your engine if it's not set up for it, but it's getting tough to find gas that has no ethanol in it.

my dad sent me an email and i have misplaced it somehow(how the hell do i misplace an email, beats me) and have to have him resend it to me but they have designed cars that run on water and one on air. it's combustible air and the main issue with that is having a tank in the vehicle to hold it without the car going BOOM in a wreck. and with the earth being 2/3 water this could be a small step to telling the a-holes overseas to take there oil and shove it.

We'll need oil regardless, but I never liked the E-85 idea much. Doesn't bother me since I don't have one personally. I just think it needs to be better organized, down to the foods they use to produce it.

That said, Alcohol has been used, as has ethanol for years, probably decades already. I'd think they have yet another additive causing problems they hadn't tested long enough to see completely.

For me, biodiesel is a viable option, but we don't have enough promotion. Talk about saving... Buy more diesel powered vehicles. They're flatly more efficient any way we look at it.

Of course, in the end I agree with nearly everyone... We need lower costs at the pump. That's part of why I like diesel too, since they are so much better than gasoline in sparing usage per amount of work. My pickup matches or bests my SUV's mileage and weighs about 1,500 lb more and hauls more too...

Good luck with your repairs... And scrap that "power source" asap!

my dad sent me an email and i have misplaced it somehow(how the hell do i misplace an email, beats me) and have to have him resend it to me but they have designed cars that run on water and one on air. it's combustible air and the main issue with that is having a tank in the vehicle to hold it without the car going BOOM in a wreck. and with the earth being 2/3 water this could be a small step to telling the a-holes overseas to take there oil and shove it.

Misplace a email? ReeRee...

Engines can run on water, the local auto parts shop had a Hydro-Truck. It ran but cost alot to make and run. I was a teen when they had this so I don't know much about it. But I do know that was a long time ago so it should be more efficient now. you'd think.
Combustible air, is out there too. Still need fuel, but far less then a rice burning Honda. Picture your air tanks on the tractor, boost up the psi a bit and aim the pressure at a crank.

There is so much out there for alternative power it aint funny. This is why I don't understand why we don't use our own oil, stop buying foreign oil. And while we use our 300 yrs worth of oil we improve on these other energy sources. Look how far we have come in technology in the last 50 years, the last 10!!!! Think of what we can do in a 100 years from now! Why are people so blind to this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread