Algae?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
C16D68AF-24C0-4636-BE58-A17EFCE5905A.jpeg
On the left, my buddies fuel from his tank. On the right, fresh fuel from this morning.

Algae?

I don’t know about that, I know he made his tanks into 150 gallon tanks for more range. I assume he’d never get below quarter tanks, he pulls heavy and up north. I won’t let my tanks get below half tanks running up north

There's an easy triage here... eliminate algae by treating for it. Go to the local marina and get some algaecide - they have severe problems with it, and I'm told that the stuff they use is 100% more effective than anything you can get through the trucking industry. If the problem goes away... bingo!

If soot is getting into the returned fuel, you have a vastly more expensive problem.

The other question of have,..

What does the inside surface of the fuel tank look like?

I never looked inside. Probably pretty scummy

I ran some of that Powerservice clean diesel through mine and they cleaned right up

There's an easy triage here... eliminate algae by treating for it. Go to the local marina and get some algaecide - they have severe problems with it, and I'm told that the stuff they use is 100% more effective than anything you can get through the trucking industry. If the problem goes away... bingo!

If soot is getting into the returned fuel, you have a vastly more expensive problem.

Yep, you can treat for algae, even for asphaltene. (hard to see what it looks like right now with the glare coming into my truck).

Soot, easily enough to diagnose with an oil sample, a bit more expensive to fix.

Last edited:
What’s the difference between algae and asphatene?

Just out of curiosity, can you send fuel in for testing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread