• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

After 21hrs on a wonderful GreyHound I am here in Gary,IN for Roehl orientation

Spartan718

I am here in the hotel mentally preparing for what lies ahead. Tomorrow is "physical day" and then we get started on Tues. I will chronicle my adventures with Roehl's training here for other new drivers considering Roehl. :holdflag:

There ain't no way I would ride a bus for 21 hours I can probably go to work with any company I choose I have only worked for three companies counting this one and I can go back to one of the other two if I wanted its all about the things you want out of it the owner of this company son calls me at least twice a week to bs with me and I talk to my other old boss at least every other week I've had different companies call me but it wasn't the CEO basic of the story is u need to leave on a good note with the company but u also need alot experience before u can make demands

I have been officially hired and am waiting for my trainer assignment. Hope to be on the road sometime tomorrow. The training here in Gary, IN was awesome. I really like the trainers and feel I learned more in the one week here than I did in the six weeks at my cdl school. I would highly recommend Roehl really great company so far.

I am to considering Roehl as I was told they are a hard company to get into an focus heavily on safety and run the best equipment. Only I herd the training is very short (van otr) and curious if I will need much more time being a newbie at age 50.

I am to considering Roehl as I was told they are a hard company to get into an focus heavily on safety and run the best equipment. Only I herd the training is very short (van otr) and curious if I will need much more time being a newbie at age 50.

They'll take care of ya ..... you don't go solo unless they know you can do it.

The training is intense and great. I feel I learned more during my week here in Gary than the 6 weeks at my school. Top notch instructors and training. And as the other poster said they are not going to just push you through, they want you to succeed and be safe.

Spartan718 said:
The training is intense and great. I feel I learned more during my week here in Gary than the 6 weeks at my school. Top notch instructors and training. And as the other poster said they are not going to just push you through, they want you to succeed and be safe.

Hey Spartan,
I am looking at Roehl. Do they run a lot into Michigan do you know???
Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread