A Safe Alternative for a "Park it" principal

Doc.T1977

I would like to first of all state that I do not drive a truck, however my father is a retired truck driver. I spoke with him and we put together a good plan that would allow truck drivers to continue their runs, but also wake up the fuel companies.

I am aware of the fuel crisis and the massive price gouging. I would propose that we target individual oil companies for boycott. I would ask that this be done with a nation wide effort.

The first item of business should be to identify all fill up stations by brands, Such as Exxon Mobile or Phillips Conoco and set up a system of boycott for one specific brand that we could all agree on. and then move on the following month to boycott the next brand if need be.

The next item should be is to come up with a mutual outline of what brand to start the boycott with. If it is agreed that we for example boycott any station selling Exxon Mobile once the Exxon Mobile stations have been identified, then it is imperative that we all MUTUALLY remain locked in on the same brand during the whole duration of the boycott.

The next item of business would be to determine the proper length of the brand specific boycott. If ALL who drove trucks were to unite and decide to boycott Exxon Mobile or another brand of liquid gold, then we should look at doing this for a period of one month or more and move on to the next brand if need be The simple facts are that a few days or a week is not going to do anything. If this is going to work, it has to be prolonged, and during the prolonged effort, we shall not loose vision of what we are trying to accomplish. The reasons for this is the fact that all those leaches can learn by is by where their money is and why it went away and it is high time we hit them where it counts. In their fat pocket book. This is where "staying the course" will pay off for everyone.

If other companies (brands) are not brought to heel during this time then they can be marked for the next months boycott.

With this concept, No one is in danger of losing his or her job or having their personal safety put at risk. I want to see you deliver your loads and get paid without being put into any kind of jeopardy. The beauty of this is that we can still choose where we shop and who ever else we buy from. That is why this should work.

I am open to suggestions on how we can put the word out to most of the truckers. Once we do successfully get the word out, we can then set an effective date to start the boycott and start the spanking of the oil companies. I must stress again that this is a brand specific boycotting system and it will allow us to shop at the boycotted brands competitors so this should not slow anyone down on their routes..

:stirpot:

I would like to first of all state that I do not drive a truck, however my father is a retired truck driver. I spoke with him and we put together a good plan that would allow truck drivers to continue their runs, but also wake up the fuel companies.​

I am aware of the fuel crisis and the massive price gouging. I would propose that we target individual oil companies for boycott. I would ask that this be done with a nation wide effort.​

The first item of business should be to identify all fill up stations by brands, Such as Exxon Mobile or Phillips Conoco and set up a system of boycott for one specific brand that we could all agree on. and then move on the following month to boycott the next brand if need be.​

The next item should be is to come up with a mutual outline of what brand to start the boycott with. If it is agreed that we for example boycott any station selling Exxon Mobile once the Exxon Mobile stations have been identified, then it is imperative that we all MUTUALLY remain locked in on the same brand during the whole duration of the boycott.​

The next item of business would be to determine the proper length of the brand specific boycott. If ALL who drove trucks were to unite and decide to boycott Exxon Mobile or another brand of liquid gold, then we should look at doing this for a period of one month or more and move on to the next brand if need be The simple facts are that a few days or a week is not going to do anything. If this is going to work, it has to be prolonged, and during the prolonged effort, we shall not loose vision of what we are trying to accomplish. The reasons for this is the fact that all those leaches can learn by is by where their money is and why it went away and it is high time we hit them where it counts. In their fat pocket book. This is where "staying the course" will pay off for everyone.​

If other companies (brands) are not brought to heel during this time then they can be marked for the next months boycott.​

With this concept, No one is in danger of losing his or her job or having their personal safety put at risk. I want to see you deliver your loads and get paid without being put into any kind of jeopardy. The beauty of this is that we can still choose where we shop and who ever else we buy from. That is why this should work.​

I am open to suggestions on how we can put the word out to most of the truckers. Once we do successfully get the word out, we can then set an effective date to start the boycott and start the spanking of the oil companies. I must stress again that this is a brand specific boycotting system and it will allow us to shop at the boycotted brands competitors so this should not slow anyone down on their routes..​

Sounds like a teriffic idea. Maybe some of the sites that can't call for a strike could call for a boycott

To hell with it dont stop at the trucks boycotting the stations make it known by telling family and friends dont fill your cars up at the place either.
The other place to boycott is dont do ur shopping at the large supermarkets if you can support your local small store.
That could put pressure on the big name stores to ply pressure to the fuel companys.
Another thing you could do is get your family and friends to do the shopping and pay for say 10 items then have the next family member to pay for there 10 items and so on.
This will have 2 affects
1 make the Q longer at the checkout
2 by making the Q longer the store hase more transactions to process meaning the store cant sell as much as they normally would.
just make it a whole family day out meet your family and friends and all shop at the same time makin the store so packed they wont be able to cope
what ever you do sounds good to me

I would like to first of all state that I do not drive a truck, however my father is a retired truck driver. I spoke with him and we put together a good plan that would allow truck drivers to continue their runs, but also wake up the fuel companies.​

I am aware of the fuel crisis and the massive price gouging. I would propose that we target individual oil companies for boycott. I would ask that this be done with a nation wide effort.​

The first item of business should be to identify all fill up stations by brands, Such as Exxon Mobile or Phillips Conoco and set up a system of boycott for one specific brand that we could all agree on. and then move on the following month to boycott the next brand if need be.​

The next item should be is to come up with a mutual outline of what brand to start the boycott with. If it is agreed that we for example boycott any station selling Exxon Mobile once the Exxon Mobile stations have been identified, then it is imperative that we all MUTUALLY remain locked in on the same brand during the whole duration of the boycott.​

The next item of business would be to determine the proper length of the brand specific boycott. If ALL who drove trucks were to unite and decide to boycott Exxon Mobile or another brand of liquid gold, then we should look at doing this for a period of one month or more and move on to the next brand if need be The simple facts are that a few days or a week is not going to do anything. If this is going to work, it has to be prolonged, and during the prolonged effort, we shall not loose vision of what we are trying to accomplish. The reasons for this is the fact that all those leaches can learn by is by where their money is and why it went away and it is high time we hit them where it counts. In their fat pocket book. This is where "staying the course" will pay off for everyone.​

If other companies (brands) are not brought to heel during this time then they can be marked for the next months boycott.​

With this concept, No one is in danger of losing his or her job or having their personal safety put at risk. I want to see you deliver your loads and get paid without being put into any kind of jeopardy. The beauty of this is that we can still choose where we shop and who ever else we buy from. That is why this should work.​

I am open to suggestions on how we can put the word out to most of the truckers. Once we do successfully get the word out, we can then set an effective date to start the boycott and start the spanking of the oil companies. I must stress again that this is a brand specific boycotting system and it will allow us to shop at the boycotted brands competitors so this should not slow anyone down on their routes..​

You may have noticed that we were already boycotting Exxon/Mobil for more than a few months. They have now sold their gas retail stations to private owners. I personally haven't bought any exxon since the Valdez wreck in Alaska (1989?) So this idea does work, to some extent.
Unfortunately, You can't have a painless revolution/boycott/strike/blockade.
It has to hurt to be effective and the truth is we just don't have much time left before we're all in the poorhouse and it happens anyway. To do this in a way that allows goods to flow anyway just won't get the immediate attention from the public and the government that is needed. Time is not on our side.:spend:

vacation

I said this before somewhere

cant you all get together and take a few days vacation all at the same time

We're trying nick. It might take more than a few days. We'll see what happens at the end of August (27th etc). It is so hard over here to get everyone on same page. Things usually happen like a wave. It starts with a ripple in one spot and spreads. But we've got thousands of miles till that wave rolls coast to coast.
Fortunately we get our stubborness honestly - from our roots doncha know. lol

We're trying nick. It might take more than a few days. We'll see what happens at the end of August (27th etc). It is so hard over here to get everyone on same page. Things usually happen like a wave. It starts with a ripple in one spot and spreads. But we've got thousands of miles till that wave rolls coast to coast.
Fortunately we get our stubborness honestly - from our roots doncha know. lol

Funny my mom said the same thing about roots

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread