• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

A question about Crete leasing and load selection

Grinder

A few years ago I talked to a Crete driver. He mentioned something about having his choices of loads to pick from, removing the stigma of refusing a load.

Anyone know if that is true?

Would you consider them a good company to lease from? I know, there are few to none that have good lease programs, but am wondering if this is an exception.

Crete, from what I hear, is a decent company to work for.

I wouldn't consider any company a good company to lease from. Buy a truck, or drive someone elses. Only exception would maybe be a husband/wife team that runs like a true team.

As for the load selection, here is how it works.

Providing there are enough loads to choose from, Crete will send you up to 3 loads to choose from. Sometimes there may only be 2, sometimes you may not have a choice.

From the choices you are given, you respond with the one you choose to run.

This really only works with their OTR drivers. If you run regional, the chances of having loads to select from are slim to none. You basically take the load they preplan you on, and go with it.

A few years ago I talked to a Crete driver. He mentioned something about having his choices of loads to pick from, removing the stigma of refusing a load.

Anyone know if that is true?

Would you consider them a good company to lease from? I know, there are few to none that have good lease programs, but am wondering if this is an exception.

Crete, from what I hear, is a decent company to work for.
If I was thinking about leasing,I would drive as a company driver first for a few months then if you still like them lease.I know a crete driver he's been with them 14 yrs and he really likes them.

Crete is on my short list of companies to apply to.

I still have nothing bad at all to say about crete but i talked to a crete yesterday been there since 98 he now doesnt care for them i guess theyre really stricked and he requested weeks ago to be home for thanksgiving they told him unless u hav vacation time youre not getting home to all crete drivers dont yell at me this is just what another crete told me
Posted via Mobile Device

I still have nothing bad at all to say about crete but i talked to a crete yesterday been there since 98 he now doesnt care for them i guess theyre really stricked and he requested weeks ago to be home for thanksgiving they told him unless u hav vacation time youre not getting home to all crete drivers dont yell at me this is just what another crete told me
Posted via Mobile Device

wow, WHO is open on Thanksgiving?:dunno:

Oh wait...the company that my wife works for, duh.

They don't have the load selection that they use to have. they only have one selection. and if you asking if they are a decent company, they are the same as any other company

patriciajnsn said:
Posted via Mobile Device

That is so true. Crete only cares about the profits now.We have just became a number. It's sad becuase when I started here it wasn't like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread