A company I used to run for has shut down - permanently

Mike

Staff member
This is a small company that I ran for on two occasions, and really enjoyed my time there. They had grown to around 40 trucks as of last year. This company, Left Coast Trucking, is located in Mansfield, Texas.

As of Friday, they are basically shutting the doors, dropping from the 40 trucks they had been running down to 9, which are older trucks that are paid for, and will only be hauling one account. I doubt that will last very long either.

The reason? the increased fuel costs simply became too much for them.

Blakowt13

I'm currently at a small Company with 5 24' straight trucks, a cargo van, a cube van and two Freightshaker Condos with Trailers.
I'm actually surprised that we're still open and operational.
If/When Fuel gets to $5.50 and up, we will be gone as well.

Mike

Staff member
Those prices are coming, and they will be here soon. Been reading up on this quite a bit and there is no sign of relief.

I am working for a large foodservice company now, and just attended one of our quarterly meetings on Saturday. They ran down a list of companies outside of trucking who were downsizing, and then went into a little detail of how we were doing. They tried to make it sound as optimistic as possible, but you can tell that all of upper management is worried.