5 Percent

5percent

What's with the 5 percent pay deduction that's being enforced by PAM to so called "help the company out of the hole"? It's not in the contract beind signed by incoming drivers and it's not showing up with my pay. Is this in effect for everyone or am I the only one being told this?

Seems to me PAM didnt pay that well to begin with. I started in Feb '05 and was only making .28 CPM. Well below industry average at the time. Imagine my surprise when I left and received a .10 CPM raise.

I think trucking is the lowest paid career out there,why??????????????People think we just sit beind the wheel and drive?????????????? so we deserve slave wages as well as the intimidating degrading abuse????????????????????There's nothing hard about trucking once u do get the exp,but we deserve more then we're receieving that is for sure.Many of us were forced to take a pay cut like our pay was'nt already bad enough.Just think what the upper staff and I spose dispatchers are making thanks to all the loyal and dedicated driving force out there.So therfore we have to settle for below minimum wage to keep the corporate making triple digit figures.Don't seem quite fair does it????????????????????????

The wages for drivers surely isn't fair, but fair isn't a constitutional right, and even if it was, coorporate lawyers would find a loophole. Thats just the way business is unless your top dog. Shit rolls downhill, and drivers are lower than whaleshit at the bottom of the ocean. Unless ALL drivers start standing up (which will never happen) this process will continue on as usual. So is the life of the truck driver. I dont like it one bit, but I still have needs to fulfill, like taking care of myself and my family, and I'll do anything to complete that task, even if it means being shit on by my carrier. That is after all why the majority of drivers start driving in the first place. No other jobs around that I can support myself and family on, I'll drive a truck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread