Baseball 2021 MLB Thread

Sinister

pari animositate
Just under 50 games into the season so far.

The entire National League sucks except the Dodgers. Cubs and STL have picked up a bit from a rough start.

The Brewers started strong but are faltering lately. Christian Yelich had some bullshit mystery back injury that put him out for five weeks, got him sent to AAA Nashville, and he's having trouble getting going again.

Kesston Huira was moved from SS to 1B at the beginning of the season and struggled. Honestly he was never that great at SS either but 1B really kicked his ass. He's also struggling at the plate. His hitting is way off and he's back in AAA Nashville too. He was forecasted to be a strong hitter right behind Yelich. Between the two it's a huge disappointment.

A strong start to the season is proving difficult to maintain for the Brewers.

Bob Uecker is still the only person who should be calling ball games anywhere. They should clone him.

The American League is still all pansies because their pitchers don't hit. Just...total filth.

@Rigjockey Team is over there. In that filthy pansy American League.

Jackie Bradley Junior in the outfield is amazing.

I hope the Brewers get their head out of their ass because Travis Shaw can't carry the whole team himself and Lorenzo Cain is getting a bit old and fat and hasn't hurt himself in a really long time so he's way overdue.

I have a hard time watching it on T.V. with no fans in the stands, actually it has more to do with the Jays are not even playing in Toronto.
The Jays are doing great with the team that Mark Shapiro built. We should be sitting in the stands to see Vladimir Guerrero and the boys win the World Series. Damn this Covid!
1992-1993. 2021 World Series Champs.

I have a hard time watching it on T.V. with no fans in the stands, actually it has more to do with the Jays are not even playing in Toronto.
The Jays are doing great with the team that Mark Shapiro built. We should be sitting in the stands to see Vladimir Guerrero and the boys win the World Series. Damn this Covid!
1992-1993. 2021 World Series Champs.
I didn't watch or listen last year at all with all the kneeling and BLM stuff. Then the ZERO audience.

Now lots of places are at half or better capacitance its not as bad. I usually listen on the radio rather than watch anyway.

And the COVID shit should stop entirely.

I didn't watch or listen last year at all with all the kneeling and BLM stuff. Then the ZERO audience.

Now lots of places are at half or better capacitance its not as bad. I usually listen on the radio rather than watch anyway.

And the COVID shit should stop entirely.
I agree with all of the above 100%

Just under 50 games into the season so far.

The entire National League sucks except the Dodgers. Cubs and STL have picked up a bit from a rough start.

The Brewers started strong but are faltering lately. Christian Yelich had some bullshit mystery back injury that put him out for five weeks, got him sent to AAA Nashville, and he's having trouble getting going again.

Kesston Huira was moved from SS to 1B at the beginning of the season and struggled. Honestly he was never that great at SS either but 1B really kicked his ass. He's also struggling at the plate. His hitting is way off and he's back in AAA Nashville too. He was forecasted to be a strong hitter right behind Yelich. Between the two it's a huge disappointment.

A strong start to the season is proving difficult to maintain for the Brewers.

Bob Uecker is still the only person who should be calling ball games anywhere. They should clone him.

The American League is still all pansies because their pitchers don't hit. Just...total filth.

@Rigjockey Team is over there. In that filthy pansy American League.

Jackie Bradley Junior in the outfield is amazing.

I hope the Brewers get their head out of their ass because Travis Shaw can't carry the whole team himself and Lorenzo Cain is getting a bit old and fat and hasn't hurt himself in a really long time so he's way overdue.
Ur disappointment in the Brewers Crew is understandable since the Phillies recently swept a 4 Game Series with them

Last edited:
Seems like the Brewers slump is over. Also having a pretty easy schedule lately helps the standings a bit but that's fine. I'll take it.

Another potentially big story is that the Oakland A's are thinking of moving.

Places like Las Vegas are on the short list.

Seems like the Brewers slump is over. Also having a pretty easy schedule lately helps the standings a bit but that's fine. I'll take it.

Another potentially big story is that the Oakland A's are thinking of moving.

Places like Las Vegas are on the short list.

The Brewers next slump is scheduled for September 6th, 7th and 8th when the Phillies stop by

It's been a crazy season and anything is possible I suppose but currently the Phillies are backwards in their W/L and less than .500.

I bet even Pete Rose would be scratching his head on who to bet on.

It's been a crazy season and anything is possible I suppose but currently the Phillies are backwards in their W/L and less than .500.

I bet even Pete Rose would be scratching his head on who to bet on.
I'm just kidding

The Phil's have more holes than Swiss Cheese and will probably either be out of the Pennant Race by then or in the mist of the 3rd Annual September Swoon and the Brew Crew will have their way with them

They're also a lousy Road Team

BTW, Pete will figure out something

I'm just kidding

The Phil's have more holes than Swiss Cheese and will probably either be out of the Pennant Race by then or in the mist of the 3rd Annual September Swoon and the Brew Crew will have their way with them

They're also a lousy Road Team

BTW, Pete will figure out something
I hear you on weaknesses.

Seems like if the Brewers go to 10 innings it never works out well for them.

Congrats on the Brew Crew clinching today @Sinister

Looking forward to the Home Games and seeing if Front Row Amy is still a Fan
Yup. I listened to most if the last half of the game. It was pretty good. The Mets really shot themselves in the foot but I think the Crew had it the whole time anyway.

Josh Hayder is skinny as a rail and somehow still throws like a rocket.

If the link works, here's a video of the last pitch of the game where he actually looks annoyed for a second after the ball takes off. That's because he'd just struck out the Mets pinch hitter. Heh.

Anyway, Yelich snagged the ball in the outfield and that was that.

The post season will be tough, but all the teams in the east have been beaten before during this season, so it's not impossible.

It'll be interesting to see who ends up on top in the NL West.

Then it gets real hard.

Yup. I listened to most if the last half of the game. It was pretty good. The Mets really shot themselves in the foot but I think the Crew had it the whole time anyway.

Josh Hayder is skinny as a rail and somehow still throws like a rocket.

If the link works, here's a video of the last pitch of the game where he actually looks annoyed for a second after the ball takes off. That's because he'd just struck out the Mets pinch hitter. Heh.

Anyway, Yelich snagged the ball in the outfield and that was that.

The post season will be tough, but all the teams in the east have been beaten before during this season, so it's not impossible.

It'll be interesting to see who ends up on top in the NL West.

Then it gets real hard.

Harder reminds me of Randy Johnson early in his career

Johnson was a tad wild at times so some Lefthanded Batters used to come down with a 24 hour Flu to avoid getting in the Box against him

Toronto is one game behind for a wild card spot. 6 game left and all of them are home games. The bad news is they play the Yankees 3 games. The good news is they play Baltimore for their last 3 games of the regular season.
It's going to be tight if they are to make the wild card.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread