2021 Cascadia

Nomad1

Forum
I was issued my first brand new truck this year. I have put a little over 20K on it. So far it's not bad. The automatic 12 speed does the job and actually out pulls most other trucks on the road. I'm averaging 7.6 to 7.8 depending on how heavy I am in the mountains. I have idled it quite a bit because I don't buy the fuel.
I wasn't sold on the automatic transmissions until this truck. If it wasn't a fleet truck and had a good tune and the shift points set a little less economical I would love it.
Having a refrigerator has been great with this whole Corona crap. It has saved me a ton of money too.

I was issued my first brand new truck this year. I have put a little over 20K on it. So far it's not bad. The automatic 12 speed does the job and actually out pulls most other trucks on the road. I'm averaging 7.6 to 7.8 depending on how heavy I am in the mountains. I have idled it quite a bit because I don't buy the fuel.
I wasn't sold on the automatic transmissions until this truck. If it wasn't a fleet truck and had a good tune and the shift points set a little less economical I would love it.
Having a refrigerator has been great with this whole Corona crap. It has saved me a ton of money too.
I too have that truck getting 8.5 mpg. I am always light 18k - 20k and drive below 68 mph. That fridge WAS great but quit working @ 80,000 miles pulled it out and put my fridge in dealing with freightliner about it.

I too have that truck getting 8.5 mpg. I am always light 18k - 20k and drive below 68 mph. That fridge WAS great but quit working @ 80,000 miles pulled it out and put my fridge in dealing with freightliner about it.
I expect the mileage to go up as it breaks in. I'm almost always heavy when in the mountains. I've spent over the last week in the Carolinas and Virginias and Pennsylvania. I finally got to Ohio and headed south.

Did you have the smaller fridge that was a drawer or the bigger one with an actual door and a separate freezer compartment?

Did you have the smaller fridge that was a drawer or the bigger one with an actual door and a separate freezer compartment?
I had the smaller one that looked like a drawer in my KW T680. At first I thought it was a filing cabinet for O/O specs. :D
I liked that drawer fridge because I could reach back and grab a bottle of water or a sammich going down the road and never had to take my eyes off the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread