2019 579 Transmission Fault

For the record, Allison doesn't appear to have any better service record than the Eaton or Paccar automated manuals...in fact I'm fighting them right now over a warranty issue in a 389 tank truck. More than the previously mentioned weight (which is a factor), cost is the major tipping point when it comes to deciding how to spec out a truck...the Allison is substantially more expensive.

For the record, Allison doesn't appear to have any better service record than the Eaton or Paccar automated manuals...in fact I'm fighting them right now over a warranty issue in a 389 tank truck. More than the previously mentioned weight (which is a factor), cost is the major tipping point when it comes to deciding how to spec out a truck...the Allison is substantially more expensive.
Yes the price as well forgive me. But Eaton and PACCAR should get out of the automated game. Their automated product is far inferior to the Daimler and the Volvo automated.

I'm just seeing this. It was meant to convey that we all say or do something stupid. Not typing in the word 'move', didn't help my cause. Meaning if we allow any more people on this bench we'll be falling off of the other end.

Meh! Ya had to be there. :confused-44:

Yes the price as well forgive me. But Eaton and PACCAR should get out of the automated game. Their automated product is far inferior to the Daimler and the Volvo automated.
How so? I haven't dealt much with the Eaton version but the Paccar product has been nearly issue free out of our shop and every driver that I've talked to who has one loves it.
What do you know that I'm not hearing?

Eaton and PACCAR both have poor shift point. Randomly drop to neutral, and will drop link and not go into gear.

They all suck monkey nuts as far as im concerned. Laggy turbos is bad enuff. Laggy trannys is just dangerous. Mash on it and ya aint movin before ya counts to 5? Really?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread