20 things you hate about the interwebs

krelithous

Premium
I hate the spammers!!

Don't get me wrong I hate spam as much as the next person, but I do find it humorous that in America it's become a federal issue yet we have commercials on tv and ads/flyers in the mailbox, billboards. Hell there's advertisement EVERYWHERE, just keep it out of my email please okthxbai!... Only in America

George W Bush never got any credit for the national do not call list that cut down on telephone spam.

I have a couple friends who are demo-commies. I purposely brought up the do not call list and they said it's great & they're registered. But when I say George W Bush signed it into law they said I'm wrong and that it was Bill Clinton. LMAO

George W Bush never got any credit for the national do not call list that cut down on telephone spam.

I have a couple friends who are demo-commies. I purposely brought up the do not call list and they said it's great & they're registered. But when I say George W Bush signed it into law they said I'm wrong and that it was Bill Clinton. LMAO
that's why I love my phone service. I can tell phone spammers to **** themselves and hang up on them and then block em out through my phone service. but it's funny how they can whip up another number in a matter of seconds and call you back and harass you. that's when I tell em to **** off and if they don't stop then I'll see there asses in the court room and they stop calling!! half of these mother****ers sound like they work down at the local quickie mart. how do I know there legit it's easy for someone to set up business over seas now a days and even more so with the interwebs and swipe money from your bank account!! I think they should let us meet the scammer so I could :biggun: to them. LOL did they even pass the do not call list:confused-96: it sure don't seem like they did!! I know that the phone companies sell CD'S with customers info on them!! the one good thing about LA is if a company is not treating us good or not keeping there quote on quote promises for better service. we tell em to go screw themselves and threaten to build our own networks we don't need you!! I remember the time we tried forcing time warner right out of town:D due to slow ass speeds and **** poor service:stare1:. thank god I dumped there asses and got a fiber line with a dedicated server:cool:

Last edited:
thank god I dumped there asses and got a fiber line with a dedicated server:cool:
That sounds expensive.

How much of a dent did it put in your stockpile of gold bars?

Hopefully it didn't cause you to make a late payment on the Lamborghini. o_O

That sounds expensive.

lets just say it's more than my car payment but worth it:confused::D

That sounds expensive.

fiber networks are becoming more and more popular look at google. cable is slow and out dated!! and I don't think that I would want to deal with a communist company such as Comcast with there bandwith caps and being cut off for a year. as comcrap aint nothing but a monopoly and now they want to buy out time warner. another reason I went to a fiber network with a dedicated server. if those idiots that work for comcrap that sound like they work at the local quickie mart told me that they weren't gonna turn my service back on id'e tell em to come to my house and come and get there shit and with my temper they would be there in 10 minutes getting there crap:rolleyes::D. the bandwith caps are just a way to force customers to upgrade to business class wich is like 200 bucks a month for 150 megs DL speeds stone age speeds in todays world. that and my customer service is based in America and not in some third world country that sound like they all work at the local quickie marts. i'm a very big supporter of American business. don't get me going on politics:D. it runs me about 899.00 a month for my interwebs very well worth it atleast I have a choice and I don't have to deal with some communist company!! another good thing about being on a dedicated server is that if your downloading 50 terabytes of pron :D it won't affect me like when if your on cable where the bandwith is shared:confused:. and seeings how i'm a gamer it's quite nice to be able to download a 40 gig file in under 20 mins vs it being an all night project:D:thumbsup::yahoo:. oh and I don't like lambo's:thefinger::thefinger::D

Meh, any new housing development must by law now have fiber to the boundary...

Doesn't help those people building their own houses on their own land, but tract developments where some company buys a farm and slaps up a subdivision on the outskirts of a town and flogging off sections now has fiber installed, just a matter of the new home owner/developer running a cable out to the junction box as part of building the house.

Meh, any new housing development must by law now have fiber to the boundary...

Doesn't help those people building their own houses on their own land, but tract developments where some company buys a farm and slaps up a subdivision on the outskirts of a town and flogging off sections now has fiber installed, just a matter of the new home owner/developer running a cable out to the junction box as part of building the house.
true but I want a service with a dedicated server as well!! I know where I wanted to move to I could get fiber but I couldn't get a dedicated server!! wich ment id'e be sharing bandwith and getting knocked off of sites and my games when everyone else logged on:mad:. I also know in LA google fiber has there fiber laid down but they haven't opened the network yet:)

Last edited:
does your server have to be cute, female and dressed skimpily? go to Hooters!
HAHA YEP:thumbsup::rolllaugh3:. i'm married i'm not allowed to goto hooters :hide::hide::tapeshut:. that server is a year old and it's been replaced with something better its just sitting in my closet:stare1:

I can't stand all of the ad's some of these sites have on them. dam sites take forever to load up when i'm on my laptop:mad::mad:

you should try some chinese sites sometime... make sure it's on a surplus computer you can format the drive on afterwards to get rid of the hitchhikers hiding in the bowels of the code.

you should try some chinese sites sometime... make sure it's on a surplus computer you can format the drive on afterwards to get rid of the hitchhikers hiding in the bowels of the code.
been there done that I did wind up wiping the drive after all of the pop ups:D. or always being redirected to other siteso_O or just having my PC crash:mad:

just like net neutrality why in the hell should a company like netflix per say pay more to get in the fast lane wich raises my rates up!!

Many have fiber now. I do at my house. Just because you have a fiber connection means nothing. Your still throttled depended on how much you want to pay. It's called quality of service. I have the cheapest plane at home and pay $29.95 a month. I have 65mb upload and 130mb download. Doesn't matter, you can have a gazillion MB's per second. Your still gated by the webpage or other computer your connecting to. If the Webpage on the other end can only do 56kb then that's all your getting.

During Christmas and other holidays places like Amazon and L.L. Bean up their quality of service to the max to give instant response.

Here's a little fact. In major hubs like Boston the wire which is called the "Trunk" which is a major backbone of the internet can transfer 650 full DVD's per second!!!! Before working at the lab I wrote the device driver for the encryption chip that's used on the Switch. The Switch is what the Truck connects to. It supports 1,048,575 connections. (BTW 1,048,575 is a computers real number that represents 1 million) It's job is to throttle clients depending how much data per second they bought.

There is no limit to the speed of the internet. We have long since reached a speed that FAR FAR FAR exceeds the capabilities of your home systems. It's the server or webpage on the other end that can't put out. You can have as fast an internet as you want but a computer can only put out so much and you can only receive so much so we're stuck.

We've also reached the max speed of a computer. We can tailor them to gaming and other spot markets but we're there. Live with it. Deal with it. Not in your lifetime. It will take a miracle or some unbelievable scientific breakthrough to go faster.

Yes, there are computers like at Cern that can do a million gazillion computed Ghz per second but only for a specific task. Load up a spreadsheet and it will take as long as @krelithous computer. His is probably faster.

Cell phones, laptops, tablets and desktops are not being driven by nothing other then the gaming industry. You can thank them for your great graphics and the speed of your display and other things. The CPU is no longer a general purpose computer. They are all built for one job! To make gaming as fast as possible. Graphics routines and mathematical functions to support rocket trajectory for your game are now part of the CPU and not calculated as an example.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread