13 speed eaton fuller transmission

Snowax

black button down no gears no reverse no forward
black button up everything working
syncrinizer looks good no wear nothing should work but does not
Anyone have a possible solution

There is a transmission guy on here somewhere that seems to know his stuff, maybe somebody will remember his handle, send him a message

The comment about the appearance of the syncronizer confuses me. These transmissions don't have syncros.

When you move the range selector up and down do you hear the range box shifting? With the range selector in the upper position, and you move the splitter lever do you hear the splitter moving? It is easier to listen with the engine off, just be sure you have plenty of air.

look and see if the piston in the range selecter is good. i had the same problem and the little piston that slids back and forth in the housing was broken. and it pushed air into the trans case. and it was not a leak you could hear. but my gage went down quick

It sounds like the the Hi/low range slider is not fully engaging into the low position.. leaving it in the middle where it behaves like a false neutral. Make sure your shift knob is working correctly, check your slave valve, pull the air clylinder cover (behind the regulator) ensure the piston is ok and the nut has not backed off. If all is ok, you may need to take the aux section off for further inspection. If this is a 16913 or 18913 model its possible the hi/low shift rail is tight or siezed in the cylinder as this is quite common.

The comment about the appearance of the syncronizer confuses me. These transmissions don't have syncros.

When you move the range selector up and down do you hear the range box shifting? With the range selector in the upper position, and you move the splitter lever do you hear the splitter moving? It is easier to listen with the engine off, just be sure you have plenty of air.

These transmissions are syncronized between hi and low range.

So they have syncros like in an automotive tranny?

It has been 30 years since I tore them down in school and all the years I worked on trucks I never had one apart. It was always pull it out and put in a clutch and put it back in.

Next!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread