Yup. Still here.

I'm likely having most of the week off. Guess we're having one more slow week before we go balls to the wall for the winter.

I had already booked Tuesday and Wednesday off because........my birthday is election day this year so we gonna drink our faces off and watch your dumpster fire live in real time.

Today I got the privilege of going to one of those disgusting "DCs" y'all talk about so much. It's actually pretty rare for me. To give you an idea the truck came with a safety vest still in the plastic. I've used it exactly TWICE this year and I wasn't 100 percent certain where I had poked it away.

I come out of that shit hole and guess I didn't grab this "yard pass" that was by my paperwork in their office.

Mr Rent a Cop at the gate says well "next time" I'll make you turn around go get it. Ummm.....you got no gate arm. Shit is off my wagon stamped signed paperwork is on my seat. I'm pretty sure you're not gonna "make" me do shit.

But I told him good thing I don't come to these dumps that often. He was impressed. Something tells me he wouldn't be fun to drink with.

Instant coffee or a spot o' tea?
Before I transitioned to Mountain Dew and Stacker Pills used to boil water on my campstove make Instant myself.

Got sick of paying 2 dollars for stale coffee taste like crap then rest of day arguing with myself think of all them buck and half or 2 dollars over the years..

Now I still do Truckstop Coffee if one of those place still throw ya a Free Cup with Fuel.

Afew jobs ago had Inverter and $25 Mr Coffee pot and a can just needed to fill my water jugs....

My current "employer" doesn't have a "Policy" per say on Inverters.

But as we all know I've inadvertently broken countless stuff in this Cascadia and they did deduct the rock through window outta my paycheck when I locked my dumbass outta the truck last year..

Not sure if that's an "Omen" then again @Rigjockey whens the last time that any of ya known me to actually "Hold" the SAME JOB for "over" a YEAR now and I'm still there

Therefore I ain't gonna press my "Luck"..

Getting older now and that Blue Cross Blue Shield has "saved" my @$$ afew times or I'd be "Bankruptcy" Court..

Heck afew months ago the Dentist even with Insurance still hadda cough up $300 and some change..

Without been like almost 2 grand

Now do know I finally got around to doing the "Smart" thingy..

After a half weeks pay for the glass back home I went to the Hardware store had em cut me afew spare keys..

I shall never be locked outta my truck ever again unless they change the locks..
.16111778758912665850009733591193.jpg

Instant coffee or a spot o' tea?
It's a percolator. Make you a full pot of coffee in under ten minutes fill a Thermos and a mug. Timmies can suck it.
Now do know I finally got around to doing the "Smart" thingy..

After a half weeks pay for the glass back home I went to the Hardware store had em cut me afew spare keys..

I shall never be locked outta my truck ever again unless they change the locks..
.View attachment 77151
I had one company that wouldn't part with a spare until I broke it off in the ignition with my knee in NH. LAST time I was ever without a spare. I have 3 keys for this truck I have now. Also I don't work there no more

It's a percolator. Make you a full pot of coffee in under ten minutes fill a Thermos and a mug. Timmies can suck it.
Yes! That is what I need! :thumbsup:
I have been researching single serve coffee makers and having no luck finding something that would fit my needs.
I don't want a regular coffee maker with a carafe.

I will have to look into a percolator. Thanks.

I had one company that wouldn't part with a spare until I broke it off in the ignition with my knee in NH. LAST time I was ever without a spare. I have 3 keys for this truck I have now. Also I don't work there no more
I started out with 2 keys but second time I went home had some issues so I wrote up a slip and gave it to the shop supervisor...

Our yard is dead end off a backroad and cameras everywhere so I would leave keys in ignition and door unlocked at the yard..

Turns out they didn't have a Spare Key for my Truck in the office so they took one back ...

About a month or 2 later was out in the middle of Nevada in the Desert and pulled off to take leak and stretch walk around n stretch out Abit .

A Freightshaker Cascadia still has door locks like a 1970s/1980s car

My Elbow must've hit it when I jumped outta the truck..

Middle of desert and my phone was in the Sleeper on charger cord..

"what am I goona Doo"

Saw a big rock laying there and I smashed out the Wing Window reached in popped the handle .

And because at "Orientation" apparently I signed a Waiver that any Negligent Damage to Company Equipment could be "Deducted" from my Paycheck..

Live and Learn I guess

I started out with 2 keys but second time I went home had some issues so I wrote up a slip and gave it to the shop supervisor...

Our yard is dead end off a backroad and cameras everywhere so I would leave keys in ignition and door unlocked at the yard..

Turns out they didn't have a Spare Key for my Truck in the office so they took one back ...

About a month or 2 later was out in the middle of Nevada in the Desert and pulled off to take leak and stretch walk around n stretch out Abit .

A Freightshaker Cascadia still has door locks like a 1970s/1980s car

My Elbow must've hit it when I jumped outta the truck..

Middle of desert and my phone was in the Sleeper on charger cord..

"what am I goona Doo"

Saw a big rock laying there and I smashed out the Wing Window reached in popped the handle .

And because at "Orientation" apparently I signed a Waiver that any Negligent Damage to Company Equipment could be "Deducted" from my Paycheck..

Live and Learn I guess
A spare key is a "them" problem not a "you" problem. Or should be anyway.....

Yes! That is what I need! :thumbsup:
I have been researching single serve coffee makers and having no luck finding something that would fit my needs.
I don't want a regular coffee maker with a carafe.

I will have to look into a percolator. Thanks.
Stronger coffee and no filters easy to clean up. Can't go wrong. The only gripe is use coarse grinds or you will have grinds at the end of the pot. If you can deal with that which I don't care use any old coffee.

Stronger coffee and no filters easy to clean up. Can't go wrong. The only gripe is use coarse grinds or you will have grinds at the end of the pot. If you can deal with that which I don't care use any old coffee.
Camp stove. Boil water in a sauce pan.

S36020_zoom.jpg

Put the coffee grounds directly in the water.

When it's done, pour it into your thermos, straining out the grounds with one of these:

il_fullxfull.567723534_1ba1.jpg

Very simple.

Probably oughta practice at home first to figure out how much water & grounds to use though.

If we just need a quick mug doing local and didn't do a Thermos at home go down this rabbit hole. Couple spoons of coffee Bob's your uncle and Tim Hortons can STILL suck it long and suck it hard.

IMG_20210123_114034.jpg

I still have a pile of keys from almost every truck I've ever driven in the last 5 years. Lol.

Camp stove. Boil water in a sauce pan.

View attachment 77184

Put the coffee grounds directly in the water.

When it's done, pour it into your thermos, straining out the grounds with one of these:

View attachment 77183

Very simple.

Probably oughta practice at home first to figure out how much water & grounds to use though.
I used to drip coffee with KFC's mashed potato containers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread