• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

YRC suspends health benefits for employees

Mike

Truckers for YRC Worldwide are finding themselves stuck between a rock and a hard place after the freight giant has suspended insurance benefits indefinitely.

Land Line has obtained documents sent to YRC workers informing them of suspended insurance. According to documents sent by insurance company TeamCare, YRC is delinquent in paying health contributions for work performed during March. Even worse, the freight company is unable to pay contributions for work performed during April and May as well.

According to a TeamCare letter sent to employees, the insurer has had “extensive discussions” with YRC to reach a resolution. Unfortunately, an “acceptable repayment proposal” has not been made.

If they and their union hadn't supported a train wreck health care bill that quadrupled the cost, they'd still have their insurance.

Karma.

I remember a few years back when we were posting thread after thread about them potentially collapsing. Now, here they are again struggling. That said, most everyone is struggling currently.

I remember a few years back when we were posting thread after thread about them potentially collapsing. Now, here they are again struggling. That said, most everyone is struggling currently.
I remember that too, Zollars was the president then that company had been scraping by for a long time. I think the economy being good kept them afloat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread