Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

you don't have indoor plumbing..??

gonna be quite cold, showering outside. not to mention, your nakedness and the snoopy neighbors
He ain't wearin' no pants, so th' neighbors oughtta be used to it by now...

Sorry for going off on you. I already had the debate over capacities with another member and I'm just too tired to do it again. Lol.
Nah no apologies necessary. I didn’t know they were making 38 and 40k rated balls. At what point do you just decide a single axle tractor is a better fit? I wouldn’t want to load that kind of weight on a 5500.

Another crazy thing, IMHO, is that they actually make 5 car haulers for pickups now.

One place makes them with dual 12k axles by default but I asked about a 30k rating and they said for 2 grand more they'd throw dual 15s under it for me.

5 cars with a pickup. Think about that. That's about what those non-integrated semi carrier trailers hold.
I don’t see how anyone would think that’s a good idea.

Nah no apologies necessary. I didn’t know they were making 38 and 40k rated balls. At what point do you just decide a single axle tractor is a better fit? I wouldn’t want to load that kind of weight on a 5500.
Yeah I think 30 is an okay limit though. Proportionally it's like the semi tractor.

9k pickup pulling 30k for a 39k GCW

x2

18k tractor pulling 60k for a 78k GCW

More than that sounds too sketchy to me.

Went by the truck lot at Cabelas in Rogers today.

Really, you ignorant bastards?!? Drop trailers in someone's truck parking? I hope they impound your equipment!
There’s always dropped trailers there. I’ve ran three loads of truss up there to that place across the road over the last few months.

Random productivity. Bought a tote over the weekend to collect rainwater.

View attachment 56404

It has a valve at the bottom and an adapter for a garden hose.

View attachment 56405

Had a short day at work, and wanted to make the trailer available to load the Jeep, so it got set in place today. Used some paver base and 5 pavers that I was going to use on another project that I decided not to do.

View attachment 56406

All I need now is some mesh material and flexible spouting to route the downspout to the hole in the top. The mesh will go over the opening to keep most leaves and debris out.

It's a food grade tote, formerly held syrup for a candy manufacturer. Once I rinse it out with dish soap it will be safe for anything I want to do with it.
What are you planning on saving roof water for?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread