Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

Heavy snows here....road closers and balled up traffic all day. Please drive careful if your in this area of northern new mexico.

Accident at Slaton Texas today.....but don't know how to pull it up to post here.....how about a helping hand....please....it on KCBD news....happened on highway 84.

Finally adjusted the parking brake on the old diesel. No longer have to find a pothole in our parking lot to idle. 😏😂
Blueford's parking brake cable is all rusted up. I just let it roll backwards because it always stops rolling before it hits the corn crib. There's a low spot in the yard there behind where I park it.

If I need it to stay put on the slope outside the shop door while it's running, I just chock one of the wheels with a broken cinder block.

One time Sarah's dad was over and I needed to move Blueford. I jumped out while it was still moving. He yelled and I said "it'll stop when it hits the barn" and walked away. I thought he was going to have a heart attack.
:rolllaugh:

Blueford's parking brake cable is all rusted up. I just let it roll backwards because it always stops rolling before it hits the corn crib. There's a low spot in the yard there behind where I park it.

If I need it to stay put on the slope outside the shop door while it's running, I just chock one of the wheels with a broken cinder block.

One time Sarah's dad was over and I needed to move Blueford. I jumped out while it was still moving. He yelled and I said "it'll stop when it hits the barn" and walked away. I thought he was going to have a heart attack.
:rolllaugh:

I don't know what hopes we have for the future.

I was talking with my 8 year old earlier about the movie Dumbo he had. I mentioned to him there were a couple kids we used to call Dumbo (for the obvious reason) He says, "Oh, you BULLIED them?!?!" Pretty loose definition of "bullying" if you ask me.

They're brainwashing the kids, people, and not for the better.

maxresdefault.jpg

This is why I hate slip seating.

"New" goober has been at the rail for an hour now, 40 minutes past my start time, and he still isn't back with the truck.

It takes about 20 minutes for the SLOWEST normal guys.

I've been burning diesel in my pickup this whole time so I can stay reasonably comfortable.

Seems like a lot of new slipseaters think they can do this and it's no big deal.

Make sure you tell him about it.
This place is too PC to give another driver hell. "Hostile working environment" yadda yadda yadda.

Best I can do is what I did last time...track it, report it, and make him wait on me as well.

This is the crap that drives me to wanting to leave though. I can finally settle in and be okay again then bam! slipseater bullshit.

This place is too PC to give another driver hell. "Hostile working environment" yadda yadda yadda.

Best I can do is what I did last time...track it, report it, and make him wait on me as well.

This is the crap that drives me to wanting to leave though. I can finally settle in and be okay again then bam! slipseater bullshit.
So he said it took him over 12 hours to run two loads.

😐
get your own god damned truck and move on.

you got age in your favor right now.

also, i could care less the "pc environment", i'd tell the mofo off in a New York minute. and in the past i really did, and he was not a little guy, i only stand at about 5'10" 175 pounds myself, but he was a huge 6'2" 350 pound asshole senior driver to me (union shop at NEMF). from that day on, if his load was ready, he had to take another available truck, and NOT wait for mine to get back, from the daytime p&d guy......(me and that huge asshole, were line haul drivers).

and i NEVER had any more bullshit from him.

your slip-seater may not be as huge as mine was, but there comes a time, you just gotta "do it", to let them know you mean business.

I'll probably outlast him like the rest. He's already *****ing about having to descend steep grades and make tight turns.

He came from CR England. I guess that explains enough.
WHAT!?!?! You mean truck driving requires a little more skill and brain than just put it in 'D' and go to sleep?!?!?! This is BULLSHIT!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread