Wood Pellet Grills/Smokers (Traeger, Pit Boss, Pitts and Spitts, etc..)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That smoker looks like a good one. My neighbor over the south fence has one that looks like it.
A friend, Sierra, and I are going to make a traditional smoker (a wood frame, door, hangers (dowels) for salmon, and a few grates for meat that is laid out like you have them. I'll probably high-grade some gravel plant screen for the grates (the people at Automatic Welding in Anchorage allow me in the scrap pile -- Automatic Welding fixes and sells equipment for mining, quarry, and like stuff). Sourdough still hauls stuff in and out of there.

Dana and I cooked up some tacos this evening. We added Special Shit to the taco meat as it was cooking. We're sure it improved the flavor.

It's available at Mike's Meats in Eagle River. The only other place I've seen it for sale is Granzella's in Williams, CA. Granzella's was a fairly regular stop when I ran I-5 north out of Martinez. Although Granzella's didn't cater to truckers, parking a rig reasonably proximate was never a problem -- but that was many moons ago.

So for you I have a pic of my gal and Special Shit.

Dana SpecialShit.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm! Seems like Amazon doesn't want a link to their products to be shown. Special Shit is available there for $11.40 for a 13 oz container. I may order the 5 pack of the differing seasonings.

Anyone else give it any special ratings?

Hmmm! Seems like Amazon doesn't want a link to their products to be shown. Special Shit is available there for $11.40 for a 13 oz container. I may order the 5 pack of the differing seasonings.

Anyone else give it any special ratings?

I wish people would quit "B-Wording" about Tech Companies and Silicon Valley Billionaires while they $pend their Ca$h with and "further" En-Riching" Big Tech Corporations & Interests ..

It's so "Hippocritacal"

I can "Honestly" SAY that I ain't "Never" Directly bought anything over "Amazon" nor do I have a Facebook Account..

At home I actually go "Shopping " support "Buisness " in my Community..

Sometimes "Chains" but the old True-Value is now Ace Hardware still run by "Same Guy"..

I buy a ton of stuff on Amazon when I'm in no hurry or don't 'need it right now'. That way, I don't have to intermingle with the human idiots in the stores or on the roads.

In fact, I have about 6 items being delivered to me between today and Saturday. Even factoring in the cost of the Prime Membership, I still save a hell of a lot of money. Wear and tear on my vehicle, gasoline, my time, all adds up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread