Flatbed Wonder what this guy did to get so much attention?

AllabouttheBS

DRIVES ME NUTS
Premium
my father drove a Mercedes starting in 1959 but in almost everything else he was cheap cheap cheap. There was no color tv in the house until 1975 when he inherited Aunt Charlottes . This trend continued as relatives departed. When his Parkinson's got bad enough Mom and Dad moved to assisted Living in 2014 they of course downsized and the apartment finally got a 32 in flat screen NEW

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
my father drove a Mercedes starting in 1959 but in almost everything else he was cheap cheap cheap. There was no color tv in the house until 1975 when he inherited Aunt Charlottes . This trend continued as relatives departed. When his Parkinson's got bad enough Mom and Dad moved to assisted Living in 2014 they of course downsized and the apartment finally got a 32 in flat screen NEW
Those old tube tv sets lasted along time could get upwards of 15 years out of a good set..

They were also made to be "serviced" remember the TV Repair man who came to the house..

Nowadays TVs are basically throw away and get about 5 years maybe out of a flatscreen before spots and burn in get annoying enough to replace..

Even my last set a Sony which I paid close to a Grand for was no better than my current $250 Insignia so Im just gonna buy cheapies at Walmart from now on