Women in Trucking Group

@Injun - I'll support whatever you do. I have yet to see a site for women that is truthful about trucking for women.

I'll try to keep an eye on this and am looking forward to sharing and reading about Women in Trucking - The Truth.

I mentioned my friend Lolly some time ago. I think she's worked for 5 lash-ups since I last posted a quote from her. She's not with AirGas. She's worked flats and boxes a little and tanks (fuel and methane) a tad more. Then it was back to boxes and reefers. Now she's back to tanks. Although fuel lash-ups run long (120') doubles, propane, methane, and stuff from air reduction isn't run in doubles. So she has a substantially better shot at getting from here to there in winter.LollyBeginsAtAirGas.jpg

Lucky there are no highways down the Alaska Peninsula. I lived in Chignik (midway between Anchorage and Dutch Harbor/Unalaska) for 9 years and felt some mean earthquakes but I was happy that I missed the M8.2 that happened there a couple of days ago. Here's a picture of the rock slides in the mountains. Were there a road between the three Chigniks (the City of Chignik, Chignik Lagoon, and Chignik Lake) and Bristol pay or the other two fairly close communities, Perryville and Ivanof Bay, it would have been trashed. ChignikMtnPre8.2.jpg
Taken just before the quake

Chignik8.2RockSlidesA.jpg
Dust in the mountains from the rock slides from the M8.2 quake.

Next to marrying a gal with a liquor store, my greatest achievement was in getting that harbor built in 10 years instead of the usual 20. That and not getting a bad audit or getting beat in a lawsuit.

One of the gals who live in Chignik Lagoon took this pic after the quake.

Post8.2Lagoon.jpg

After Mother Nature shows us who is boss, she shows us some beauty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread