CB Radio Will the CB ever die?

Cybergal

With all the new gadgets in communications, Will this hurt the ever popular CB?

Or will the CB always have a place in our homes and vehicles?

nah, the CB is here to stay. It will never be as popular as it once was, but drivers still need them to to have CB Rambo fights in the truck stops :)

I love calling out the big talkers, heard one yesterday say, "Why don't you pull your truck over and we can take care of this?" I was going the other direction and saw who said it, so I said, "take it easy werner". He never said another word.

The CB will eventually be replaced like everything else. But some form of it will remain. One day you will see the CB in its current form in museums....

The CB will eventually be replaced like everything else. But some form of it will remain. One day you will see the CB in its current form in museums....

I wonder if they will have the LINGO engraved on it as well?:D

i don't see it. cb's will be around til the cows come home. too many old school fools (me) use them.

I TELL YA, I JUST DONT SEE IT HAPPENING! I HAVE A CELL PHONE, A HOME PHONE, HELL I HAVE THE DAMN COMPUTER! BUT THERE IS NOTHING I ENJOY MORE THAN ROLLING DOWN THAT LONESOME HIGHWAY AND TALKING ALITTLE SHIT ON MY GOOD OLE CB!!!:beep:

And I'll be the one saying "shut up stupid". :).. Naa As long as you ain't one of them ****tards that spend 2hrs saying God is your savior or trying to be a DJ with your crappy music. Otherwise it's all good

And I'll be the one saying "shut up stupid". :).. Naa As long as you ain't one of them ****tards that spend 2hrs saying God is your savior or trying to be a DJ with your crappy music. Otherwise it's all good
YOU ARE CORRECT!!! I CAN STAND CB DJ'S.... OR CB MINISTERS!!!! LMAO:paddle:

YOU ARE CORRECT!!! I CAN STAND CB DJ'S.... OR CB MINISTERS!!!! LMAO:paddle:

:wtf: is wrong with those people?​

So if your reading this and your saying to yourself "huh, I do that". KNOCK IT OFF, WE HATE YOU! AND MARK MY WORDS, IF I EVER FIND YOU, YOUR GOING IN THE FRIGGEN WOODS FASTER THEN YOU CAN DRIVE!

how about the dudes coming on trying to sound girlish and say they have no panties on.

Well I heard those cats when I was OTR, but not so much now that I'm local. But we do have this one scumbag that I pick up around the I87-I287 and 17 split...... That guy has a death wish..... I'm working on where he is, he has a base unit. But he's in the cross hairs...:paddle:

The CB and OUR community!!

The CB ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE since WE will have as well the HAM operators which have helped in Emergencies and will continue to do such.
The Trucker CBs are not as fun to talk upon as a few years back, yet ARE STILL USEFUL for other needs.
One can still get some response on Channel 9 when needed however to get the quickest response, one need use the word PIG. This tactic has worked well for me with apologies offered for that word yet required for a response.

I sometimes miss the old calls of Baba Bouy, Shut Up Stupid, I ain't got no Panties on, Where's the commercial, here kitty, kitty, kitty, and the other lovely terms used by the less intelligent CB users.
I also sort of miss the queers wanting to meat up at some Truck Slop usually on Channel 23. That seems to be the preferred queer channel for some reason.
I used to offer up in a rather strange voice with Gay overtones:
"Where's th Big Trucker that justh wanth a spanking, cum, cum??"
I as well used the handle of "Stinky Pinky".

I never received and positive feedback for some reason, yet it was hilarious because that one question USED TO shut the chatter off, for a few minutes at some locations. I did it for HUMOR which doesn't work anymore.

I really miss the sales: Left handed Automatic Revolver, Flatbed Load Locks, Tanker Load Locks, Styrofoam Fuel Containers, Jake Brake Shoes and Fluid, Cans of Squat, Cans of Whoopass, Log Book Hours, Muffler Bearings (in assorted colors), Bloomer Pudding (with or w/o Cheese and/or Rice), Toe Jam, Toe Cheese, From-Under Cheese, Used Panties, etc...ad infinitum.

---
The CB is NOT GOING TO DISAPPEAR!!

The CB will never die. I honest to god think they will come out with a REALLLLY high tech one that will cost a bunch of money when it first comes out like the playstation2/3's did. Maybe we should construct one and get rich!!!!

Did Someone Mention High-Tech?

The CB will never die. I honest to god think they will come out with a REALLLLY high tech one that will cost a bunch of money when it first comes out like the playstation2/3's did. Maybe we should construct one and get rich!!!!

How about a Bluetooth Cobra 29...

I've read about the hams going digital, too. It won't be long before that carries over to the CBs.

I work at Ta in NH and have sold a lot of the blue tooth cb radio's most of the drivers love them I have had 2 drivers return and say it wouldn't even turn on I am thinking they didn't have it hooked up right . well guys and gals come see us at TA in greenland nh for the rest of the month we are holding 1 day sales usually it is Monday10% off electronics come on in and say hi and shop tax free nh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread