Why

Road Dust

Takes a little sunshine
do older men in their 50's, or older, pursue women in their 20's, when they have women their own age who treat them well. Some say it is a way to preserve our species. others say, well you know what.

I'm not not sure I understand. Don't get me wrong. My ex was thirty+ years older than me, but when we met it was a mutual attraction.

I'm wondering about men, in otherwise rewarding relationships, chasing after something they know they can't have. Not that any of you all are like that, but being basically a male forum, I am just curious.

Why you ask,because women in their 20's are fresh meat and guys like young tender meat.Some guys feel younger if they date someone young enough to be they're own daughter.Then some of the older women let them selves go,have wrinkles,gray hair ect and for some guys that's a complete turn off.I mean look at the women the guys post on here,most if not all are beautiful and in their 20's or there abouts..That's just how it is.

Why you ask,because women in their 20's are fresh meat and guys like young tender meat.Some guys feel younger if they date someone young enough to be they're own daughter.Then some of the older women let them selves go,have wrinkles,gray hair ect and for some guys that's a complete turn off.I mean look at the women the guys post on here,most if not all are beautiful and in their 20's or there abouts..That's just how it is.
Maybe, but some nice guys, who have a nice lady, are still drawn towards some young chick that used him for amusement or whatever, and he still finds himself attracted to her.

And, if they claim it is nothing but friendship, why would a 50 something year old man consider a 20 year old a friend? Its not like they would have a lot in common, lol.

Road Dust, You know perfectly well why..... animal kingdom. Just because we have thumbs and speak ........ well lemme rephrase; some guys can't speak.. just listen to the suth-ah-nahs on da cb, which by my account is most of them?...

Road Dust, You know perfectly well why..... animal kingdom. Just because we have thumbs and speak ........ well lemme rephrase; some guys can't speak.. just listen to the suth-ah-nahs on da cb, which by my account is most of them?...
I agree

LOl, ok, maybe that is the problem.

But why would a guy give up what he has for that, when she just sees him as a "father" figure?

Unless there is more to it.

well.....ive got an old truck that runs just fine and it preforms all the duties that an old truck should and i have no intentions of trading it off. but....if i see a shiny new truck go by im probably gonna look. that dont mean im gonna try to ride the truck or try to buy it. its just human nature for a man to look at the headlights and the bumper and all else that sparkles. anyway, i may be gettin older......but i aint dead yet. one sure way to get dead pretty quick is by drivin the shiny truck around the block. so im just gonna look.

well.....ive got an old truck that runs just fine and it preforms all the duties that an old truck should and i have no intentions of trading it off. but....if i see a shiny new truck go by im probably gonna look. that dont mean im gonna try to ride the truck or try to buy it. its just human nature for a man to look at the headlights and the bumper and all else that sparkles. anyway, i may be gettin older......but i aint dead yet. one sure way to get dead pretty quick is by drivin the shiny truck around the block. so im just gonna look.
I can get that but, what if you saw that truck a long time ago, before you had a "good dependable" older truck? If you were happy with the truck you had, why would you make an attempt at the nice new truck, when it would be likely that you couldn't even drive it?

I can get that but, what if you saw that truck a long time ago, before you had a "good dependable" older truck? If you were happy with the truck you had, why would you make an attempt at the nice new truck, when it would be likely that you couldn't even drive it?

Who says you have to drive it? Maybe you want to be seen with it in your driveway, to be admire by all your friends.

i saw my old truck in the showroom in 1960, i saved my money and bought it in 1967. never saw another truck that i wanted anymore than the one i have. some things you just dont send to the junkyard because they dont shine as bright as they once did. memory is a wonderful thing. i still see all the shine and glitter.

Women in their 20's are nicer to look at, from the perspective of a stranger who doesn't see them as a daughter or a niece or anything. But while 100% of men are attracted to college-age chicks, very few guys I know would actually cheat on the "old hags" they're married to.

It's like looking at a Lamborghini at a car show. Nice to look at and drool over and picture yourself driving it, but it's not worth the price tag.

True they have a nice lady otherwise he would'nt be with her.This also applies to women.Every hear the saying nice guys finish last.There's a difference between nice and goodlooken.Just because he looks or drawn towards that person he or sees walking down the street does'nt mean he's going to act on his actions.I see guys looking at women all the time and they're with somebody.But these women may be nice but after yrs of being together they start to stray maybe because of what I already mentioned or just bored.So they're going to stare and have horny thoughts going thru their minds.
Maybe, but some nice guys, who have a nice lady, are still drawn towards some young chick that used him for amusement or whatever, and he still finds himself attracted to her.

It's human nature. In the very most basic of human male subconscious thought, young, fertile, healthy looking females are only on this planet for one purpose, in cave-man logic left over from before civilization forced us to see them as sovereign human beings. All men have some degree of cave-man instinct. That's when inhibitions normally take over. Those who lack those inhibitions are the ones who cheat on their wives/girlfriends.

My girlfriend allows me to look at other women. She doesn't care, and actually thinks it's "cute" & that it's a perfectly normal thing for a guy to do. Her own parents even said so. Her mom said her dad is allowed to "look at the menu all he wants as long as he doesn't order anything".

Well, what would I do with a 20-30 something? Wear my pants below my butt and talk funny? No way, I'm very happy with the one I've got, again, 2nd time we'll be with each other, this time for good.
But, I do look, and she knows it, in fact we share comments about it, but it doesn't mean a thing. She's the only one I've ever really wanted, no reason why, I don't know, just do, and she knows it.

Well, what would I do with a 20-30 something? Wear my pants below my butt and talk funny? No way, I'm very happy with the one I've got, again, 2nd time we'll be with each other, this time for good.
But, I do look, and she knows it, in fact we share comments about it, but it doesn't mean a thing. She's the only one I've ever really wanted, no reason why, I don't know, just do, and she knows it.

That's how it is with me and "Mrs. Duck". She's 33, looks like she's 20, but I already know that when she's old and wrinkly, I'll still only want to be with her. Even though her medical expenses will bankrupt me if we ever got (legally) married.

I absolutely agree that looking is normal. I would worry about someone who didn't. It's the ones that go beyond looking and actually make contact in hopes of starting a relationship, that I don't understand. I've heard some say that it makes them feel young again to carry on with a young woman, but when the fun stops they find they have nothing in common. I've also read articles where some say its more a primal instinct for continuing the human species.

That's how it is with me and "Mrs. Duck". She's 33, looks like she's 20, but I already know that when she's old and wrinkly, I'll still only want to be with her. Even though her medical expenses will bankrupt me if we ever got (legally) married.

You better check the law in your state. I would think you are already married, a common law marriage. You have called her your wife on this forum. You live together. You share finances. I'm pretty sure Illinois will consider you married at this point.

I'm with you RD, I can only suspect a few things about guys like that, or the ones that go after another guys wife/girlfriend, knowingly, that is. With out going into details, I can honestly say, the one I'm back with, is the only one I've EVER pursued.

If a guy goes after another guys woman and she does'nt stop it then she's just as much to blame.Women in their 20s are old enough to know that she better ask if he's taken before pursueing anything.Not saying he will answer her hosestly.She can just hope he does.

Yep yep, mines 58, looks 38, LOL!!! At least to me, actually she looks 16, that's how old she was when we met, if ya know what I mean.
Ya, not trying to pry, but have you looked into the Medicaid thing? Each state is different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread