WHY SPEED

damn truck driving school sure made you smart. BUT i speed because i like to go fast and scare the little old ladys when i pass, and when i blow the paint off your doors not a problem ill give it all back at the next truck stop and those of you that cant go fast or are scared to go fast just move to the right and do the best you can I GOTS TO GO. -----------------------------------------J.R. HORTON

Can't run with the big dogs...stay on the porch. :cheers:

My rig's sweet spot was 77mph @ 1650rpm. It was pretty difficult to attain an optimal motor performance without speeding back in the low nat'l speed limit days. And having a range up to 2450rpm sure made for some interesting experiences.

Two responsibilites comes with owning a large car...
Know when and where to open 'er up, and
Pay the ticket when ya get caught.

I'm not condoning speeding...only pointing out if you're going to make that decision...damn well know what you're doing, and seriously consider the consequences. AND KEEP THE GIDDY-UP GO OUTSIDE THE POPULATED AREAS.

-ss-

IF YOU LIKE TO GO FAST, BUY A RACE CAR BUT NOT WITH AN 40 TON 18 WHEELER ON THE HIGHWAY. WHERE DO SOME OF YOU IDIOTS COME FROM. IF YOU EVER HEAR A DRIVER LAUGHING AT YOU WITH A BEAR BEHIND, IT'S ME!!!!!!!!

IF YOU LIKE TO GO FAST, BUY A RACE CAR BUT NOT WITH AN 40 TON 18 WHEELER ON THE HIGHWAY. WHERE DO SOME OF YOU IDIOTS COME FROM. IF YOU EVER HEAR A DRIVER LAUGHING AT YOU WITH A BEAR BEHIND, IT'S ME!!!!!!!!

What ya trying to say?...It's ok to race around in a 4-wheeler?

Sir, I think the "idiot" comment was unnecessary. And as to your not aiding other driver's about bear in the neighborhood...so much for brotherhood with the new generation worker (driver.) Just sit there and watch...what a visionary concept.

Ever thought about having a discussion about how ya feel instead of yelling at us, and calling us idiots?

-ss-

Clarksville Tn used to be such a nice town. What happened? Oh thats right, you hatched.

What ya trying to say?...It's ok to race around in a 4-wheeler?

Sir, I think the "idiot" comment was unnecessary. And as to your not aiding other driver's about bear in the neighborhood...so much for brotherhood with the new generation worker (driver.) Just sit there and watch...what a visionary concept.

Ever thought about having a discussion about how ya feel instead of yelling at us, and calling us idiots?

-ss-

+1..........

I wish i had it. you got it. the talk. That is good. must be a full moon. this is number 2 today alone. i wonder if he is related to druken monkey?

+1..........

I wish i had it. you got it. the talk. That is good. must be a full moon. this is number 2 today alone. i wonder if he is related to druken monkey?

Must be...lol. But I'm not sure...still got ringing in my ears from all the yelling...lol

Oh, and thanks, I think it's a family thing...but I do believe I'm perfecting the gift...LOL.

-ss-

Must be...lol. But I'm not sure...still got ringing in my ears from all the yelling...lol

Oh, and thanks, I think it's a family thing...but I do believe I'm perfecting the gift...LOL.

-ss-

haha..dud if i ever have money again and need some remodeling done, your my first call. your work, that i saw was spectacular,(sp), and it would give me a chance to buy you a cup of java, your leaving the tip. LOL

Maybe the yelling wasn't called for, I'm Sorry, but it angers me every time I see an 18 doing way over the limit, caring more for the almighty dollar then safety. As for racing in a car, yes it is safer on a track.

I will tell you if you have a work stoppage in front of you, if you are on the shoulder I will ask if you need help and help when I can. But where the Cops are or what the scales are doing, you need to rely on some of your other super trucker for that. I don't do it, nor do I condone it.

Been driving for 13 years, the fastest truck I've driven is 70 mph
Again, I am sorry for my tone.
[/COLOR]

10-4 on the leaving the tip...

Thanks...I'll be digging up TTW's thread tomorrow and adding pics of progress for her. Here's a taste of the three step mohagany trim we finished with today. In the sanding process now so we can stain before starting the ceiling.

View attachment 463

-ss-
View attachment 463

Maybe the yelling wasn't called for, I'm Sorry, but it angers me every time I see an 18 doing way over the limit, caring more for the almighty dollar then safety. As for racing in a car, yes it is safer on a track.
I will tell you if you have a work stoppage in front of you, if you are on the shoulder I will ask if you need help and help when I can. But where the Cops are or what the scales are doing, you need to rely on some of your other super trucker for that. I don't do it, nor do I condone it.
Again, I am sorry for my tone. [/color]

Dude you ok i my book. You showed respect and didnt freak out. you didnt go and act like some little know it all punk. You'll do just fine around here. Let me be the first to say....

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE ! :cheers:

10-4 on the leaving the tip...

Thanks...I'll be digging up TTW's thread tomorrow and adding pics of progress for her. Here's a taste of the three step mohagany trim we finished with today. In the sanding process now so we can stain before starting the ceiling.

View attachment 463

-ss-

dude you gonna leave the brick wall? rooms look awesome with the brick wall look. almost looks like 2 different shes of brick.

Again, I am sorry for my tone. [/color]

It's all good. One of the things that's been lost over the past 2+ decades, I feel, is the understanding that each driver is responsible for his own rig...not another's. Until recent years...you never saw a trucker speeding through populated areas. It was always out in the open road areas. And I was taught not to concern myself with another trucker's driving...but this was during a time when trucker's truly only opened 'er up in the appropriate areas.

With all due respect...I don't understand why you allow yourself to get angered over another man's business. And in regards to bear reports and your statement of not condoning the alerting to others about their presence...I'm ol' schooled, and the reality of "us against them" has been evident even from my early years. I don't see it any other way than aiding a brother trucker about the presence of bear. It's a brotherhood thing. I do respect how ya feel in that regard...but am of a different opinion.

-ss-

dude you gonna leave the brick wall? rooms look awesome with the brick wall look. almost looks like 2 different shes of brick.

Yep...leaving the brick. That inset area where a window once existed many many years ago is going to be an inset bookcase. There's actually 3 along that wall in the media room.

Me and the boss's dad (a 72 year old 'Mill Right') are putting our sh*t down for this room. The guy we're doing this for is one of the oldest families in the county. How this turns out will open a lot of doors...and that is the secret to small town living.

I'm the first experienced carpenter he's worked with since he moved here, and I truly believe he's enjoying himself. He's actually screwing with me like one of the guys already...a carpenter thing I guess. I'm actually surprised at how well this ol' boy gets around for his age...lol.

-ss-

With all due respect...I don't understand why you allow yourself to get angered over another man's business.

In the case of speeding, it reflects poorly on all of us. It shows poor judgment, lack of professionalism, and whether we like it or not, paints the entire industry in a bad way.

In the case of speeding, it reflects poorly on all of us. It shows poor judgment, lack of professionalism, and whether we like it or not, paints the entire industry in a bad way.
Agreed!
And, considering that the speeding is usually in conjunction with some pretty heavy-duty tailgaiting .....even more poor judgment/professionalism. It makes for a dangerous situation for everyone.

now every body has to no there limitations and its obvious we know what your limitations are , we turn and burn to make money and speed is a part of it the more you turn the more you earn. BUT i know your little toy wont run that fast and dont feel bad you will grow up some day, then you can come off the porch. J.R. HORTON

And drivers wonder why we get such a bad rap with the press, law enforcement, and the general public at large.

Wow J.R. I am amazed at your reply. For someone who has been out here as long as you have I would think you would know better than encourage speeding. Especially with the many new drivers on here who read, and respect your posts. Do you really want to set that kind of example?

I have been an OTR driver for 24 years and have well over 2,000,000 miles without an accident or speeding ticket. Not because I "stay on the porch" as you said, but because I CHOOSE to set an example as a professional driver. We do not share the road with them, they share it with us! It is OUR office out here and if we don't lead by example, who will? Come on bro.... You know as well as I do that you gain NOTHING by speeding. Any time you think you gain today, you will lose the next time you get called to the back for a D.O.T. inspection that holds you for 2 hours. Who's chain are you yanking?????

We all have free will and if you want to blow the paint off of my doors, then by all means have fun, but remember that when you give me my paint back at the next truck stop, you only had it for about an extra 20 minutes. Was it worth it????

My toy will run as fast as yours, but if coming off of the porch means I have to lose my self respect, then I will stay up here where I have a good view of you wearing yourself out.

Sorry to be blunt, but since we have many new drivers who view this forum as a way of identifying what kind of trucker they should be, it needed to be said.

Be safe, and God bless......Shadox65

now every body has to no there limitations and its obvious we know what your limitations are , we turn and burn to make money and speed is a part of it the more you turn the more you earn. BUT i know your little toy wont run that fast and dont feel bad you will grow up some day, then you can come off the porch. J.R. HORTON

I don't think I want to grow up if means being more like you!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread