Why more women are taking trucking jobs

Mike

The number of women in the trucking industry is growing.

Since 2010, the amount of female truck drivers has increased immensely -- by 68 percent, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal. And equal pay for drivers, regardless of gender, is purportedly a big reason why the job has become more enticing to women.

"There are many different types of driver pay in the industry, including by the mile, per load, hourly, and even salary in some cases," ATA economist Bob Costello told the Journal. "In all cases, there is no distinction between male or female. If you go to a fleet and ask how much drivers are paid, it is by experience level, routes, etc., not gender-specific."

As one female driver from Missouri, Deb La Bree, said in the story: "The steering wheel knows no gender".

I agree. People now are more open-minded when it comes to different subjects. I guess part of it is because of social media/internet.

Traditionally you’re not supposed to talk about how much you make with your piers at the same company so how the **** would they know anyway?

however I agree things have definitely changed over time.

Men
Traditionally have more dangerous jobs. Start work earlier in life. Work longer in life. Don’t take maternal leave...etc.

Gender wage gap can be refuted with a bit of research...
Women live longer then men.....back in yesterday's women raised kids and run the home fires....now a days kids raise themselves while both parent work. Times are changing. This has driven women into fields of work that a one time only men done. Why work for peanuts when you can work for steak.

Last edited:
They sure are doing a ****ty job at it. Very few kids are worth a damn anymore, unless they were raised in the country and taught how to survive off the land. City kids are basically useless as tits on a bull.
I agree with this, with a few exceptions to the rule.

They sure are doing a ****ty job at it. Very few kids are worth a damn anymore, unless they were raised in the country and taught how to survive off the land. City kids are basically useless as tits on a bull.
Both genders males or females, attuide, lack a lot of reprogramming in all departments. Most think they entitled too everything and the whole world owes them. Work, manners, respect, self pride , education,responsibility they never learned.
City kids and country kids live in two different worlds.

You gonna play the game you better know the rules.... cause and effect...and wear a rain coat....for protection.....std's are not picky about genders either.
i actually have a Field and Stream rain coat and pants set, i got at the sporting goods store. gotta be the best damned set i ever got. keeps me well protected, and dry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread