Why is it

sandmike123

that some people just can not pass a truck? I am usually a calm driver but when I get stuck behind someone in the left lane who will not pass a truck I get a bit pissed off.....

I know! This can be really aggravating. Most company trucks have a governor on them which makes them only allowed to go a certain speed, one company my husband drives for on is only allowed 64 mph.. where the speed is 70-75 in some places! People need to realize that "Big Trucks" aren't out to get them and MOST do know what they are doing or they wouldn't be on the road. In fact, most Truckers are nice enough to get over a bit to allow you to come around...

I've never been afraid to pass a truck although in bad weather, I'm a little more hesitant and cautious. They do spray quite a mess.

Yeah bad weather is a bit different.... The place it irritates me the most is on the interstates. If people can not pass a truck they should not be driving on them.

I've had trucks that were nice enough to move into the wind to deflect it from me when it was so windy that my car was literally being blown off the road. Most truckers are good guys just doing a job. Pass them already...they aren't going to hunt you down!

ACCER... you just made me think of something. You remember a show, (I can't recall the name) about these trucks that came hunting people down.? Like it is really going to happen LOL..

i think

if i am thinking of the same thing you are...it was a movie called Maximum Overdrive....starring Emilio Estevez

or maybe that one...Joyride:confused:

if i am thinking of the same thing you are...it was a movie called Maximum Overdrive....starring Emilio Estevez

Joyride was the one that came to mind for me... But he hunted them down because of the conversation on the CB

I'm alive today thanks to a couple of truckers....once when a storm hit unexpectedly with 70mph gusts and I was in an eclipse.....he blocked it til I made it to the town....

The other was after I was hit be a drunk on black ice. He stopped, pulled me out of my overturned jeep in -80 (that was not a typo) weather near International Falls. I wasn't injured in the accident but the car had quit working and without the heater I didn't have long. He even went back and got my dogs!

Yup If you pay attention to your big trucker brother's. They will even Be a trveling buddy and let ya know when them bear are out.

yea.. Maximum Overdrive.. That was such a funny show for me but my sister in law was truly terrified by it.. Now Joyride.. That one scares even me!!! Thus.... I stay off the CB lol

Was it really their first soundtrack? You see, you DO learn something new everyday!

I love that movie...

Maximum Overdrive was a cool movie. I love AC/DC so I was watching this movie back in my high school days easily.

I never had a trucker block the wind for me. In fact I would be afraid to, I have seen the wind whip too many trailers over. An empty trailer is like a big wind sail at times.

I'm guessing that the truck had a heavy load because he didn't seem to have any trouble staying on the road and I was being blown all over the place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread