New To Trucking Why I'd hate to drive buses.

Sam McCloud

Dealing with the public. Some a__holes. Some bums. Some troublemakers.

Freight, on the other hand, is impersonal.

You can kick it, you can punch it, you can cuss at it.

You can even call it names.

It won't hit back, hurt your feelings or talk back.

Truck driving. You sit high and noble in your lofty cab.

You look down at all the lowly people driving their tinker-toys.

They are as insignificant and as dinky as p_ss ants to you.

They respect you. You are big and heavy. They stay out your way.

They don't dare argue with 80,000 pounds.

The stay out of your face.

You are on top of the world. You are King of the Road.

Great occupation for non-people skills.

People make me angry.

People aggravate me.

I HATE people!!!

Last edited:
I bet a cow kick harder than you can
I wouldn't doubt it. But I might get mad at a stubborn load that won't STAY SECURE AND BEAT IT WITH MY TIRE IRON. All cattle on board better respect me with a tire iron in my hand!!

All truck drivers of America. Take full command of your respective loads. Put those loads in their place an don't let them get the best of you. Don't let your load beat you up or kill you.

I think I asked the same question a long time ago?
"This clown" (unknown personally to you) used to drive trucks in the army. I definitely felt safer over smaller vehicles. This alleged clown is contemplating a civilian trucking career. I do need FINANCIAL help, yes. That's where driving as a career should assist me in elevating my personal wealth. And, no, I'm not a people person by a damned sight. I've much greater fondness for farm animals and especially dogs.

"This clown" (unknown personally to you) used to drive trucks in the army. I definitely felt safer over smaller vehicles. This alleged clown is contemplating a civilian trucking career. I do need FINANCIAL help, yes. That's where driving as a career should assist me in elevating my personal wealth. And, no, I'm not a people person by a damned sight. I've much greater fondness for farm animals and especially dogs.
Well, I know this much. If you think most any of the idiots schlepping around in their 4 wheelers give a damn about a truck, a trucker, his well laid plans or most anything past their hood you have life SEVERELY ****ed up. Allowing for and compensating for that is nearly half the battle. The question is not WILL stupid happen but WHEN and just HOW stupid will it be.

Well, I know this much. If you think most any of the idiots schlepping around in their 4 wheelers give a damn about a truck, a trucker, his well laid plans or most anything past their hood you have life SEVERELY ****ed up. Allowing for and compensating for that is nearly half the battle. The question is not WILL stupid happen but WHEN and just HOW stupid will it be.
Testify!

Maybe in Iraqistan where he says he drove trucks, it's that way, because American military vehicles will ram & push your ass if you get in the way. It's because the terrorists have been known to create traffic jams so they can ambush the "infidels".

I've seen the videos and was jealous cuz it's every truck driver's dream to be able to do that and get away with it. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread