White House Ignores Owner-Operators and Small-Business Trucking

Mike

Earlier today, President Trump announced the launch of the Great American Economic Revival Industry Groups, which is a collection of businesses and industry associations who will work with the White House to help the nation emerge from the COVID-19 crisis. Unfortunately, the White House failed to include a representative of owner-operators and small-business truckers.

Instead, corporate executives from the nation's largest trucking companies have been selected to represent our entire industry. The White House still doesn't understand that 96% of registered motor carriers are small businesses, but instead continues to believe the mega fleets are the only voices in trucking that matter.

We're extremely disappointed the White House has ignored small trucking businesses in favor of publicly-traded mega carriers, who certainly won't use their positions to address your needs. Hell, most don't even know what the needs of owner-operators or professional drivers are under normal circumstances, let alone during a national crisis.

OOIDA has worked closely with the Trump Administration to develop and implement emergency policies that help all truck drivers. We will continue to do that regardless of whether we're involved in these working groups. Your health, safety, and economic well-being are always going to be our priority.

Please keep sending us your feedback to [email protected] and check Land Line Media for updates. Thank you!

- OOIDA Call To Action Team

OOIDA is a total joke...

The industry has been in a tail spin for years and they (OOIDA) have accomplished what to change that ?

Keep paying those membership fees I'm sure they really appreciate you... :thumbsup:

Nobody wants economic advice from this guy!
View attachment 62227
I'd rather buy him a beer break some bread with him "Listen" that guy has to say...

Rather than one of this "Slick Talking" political guys on TV who probably never even drove a truck a freaking day in their entire lives yet somehow write the Rules, Regulations, & Laws..

That guy looks like some of my "Neighbors" & I can "Relate" ..

Those politicians can answer straight up questions or even just get the "talking points" straight because they ain't even got a "Freaking Clue"

C'mon, Birchy. You have unicorns for neighbors. I'm glad I'm this far away!

Damn, just dropped a rib bone on my keyboard. :eek-64:

Ya welp its "Freezing" even Snowing right now .

Sure it's "Warmer" down your way but them "Hurricanes Sink-holes & Flood come across both ways completely"Wipe Ya Out"..

So I gotta fire up snowblower shovel my porch "Whoopty Freaking Doo"..

Atleast I "Understand" this Concept

My dog completely ate a rib bone the other day.
He bit it in half & swallowed each piece.

Hopefully he can digest it. 😬

My dog completely ate a rib bone the other day.
He bit it in half & swallowed each piece.

Hopefully he can digest it. 😬
Welp at the "Pet-Co or Pet-Land" they sell those Rawhide..

Dogs got the teeth just keep chewing & chewing work it over..

I remember the Dash-Hound just a puppy would work one of em over & over..

Might of took all afternoon but he was "Dedicated" even just a small puppy when I first got him..

Oh I forgot chewed up abuncha furniture & my woodwork too ..

Eh that a "Dog" that's what they do

It strikes me that the style of OOIDA press releases is the typical hyperbolic rhetoric used by every other interest group. Instantly shreds any credibility they might have.
Do ya mean "Stereo" Typical like that...

Now everybody thinks every trucker looks like that..

Heck at an "Orientation Class" once I lady said all of really do look like "Truckers"..

Ya this industry needs & imagine change but I dunno where they gonna find the kinda people can roll with it..

These kids today ain't got it together enough..

Yet these companies wanna be "Picky" at the same time as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread