Which would YOU prefer to hear

Are you SERIOUS?? Damn. And I thought people in northern IL were rude. I've had plenty of rude receiving clerks on the east coast talk to me like that but never a retail employee when I was a regular customer. Wow.

It is not indicative of the general populace. Most people around here are nice, friendly folk.

Roy S was a transplant from some asylum somewhere. Probably out on parole.

If they let me take the GF home today, before we leave this hospital I'm going to make a pit stop at the "guest relations" office because we've had the exact opposite experience with one of the nurses here. They're all nice but one of them stands out above the rest because she's as helpful and courteous as I've ever seen. She even seems to have more energy than the 20 yr old college girls who work the day shift. I doubt anyone ever mentions anything to the administration staff about the nurses unless they've had a negative experience so we're gonna make a pit stop and put in good word for her. But not til we're leaving. I don't want it to look like we're just trying to make her happy so she keeps bringing us ice cream.

It is always good to provide positive feedback. All too often when people have a good experience they never say a word about it, but when they have a crappy experience they jump right up and start waving their arms and shouting for the whole world to see.

that is true, every customer MUST BE treated with respect.

oh yeah, i would have used whatever was available to make a gasket, RTV Blue, or black.....sometimes the red one, and later on, they came out with a gold..???? but i left the business to even try that one.

i can never forget when all the auto manufacturers came out with RTV on nearly all the gasket surfaces (except head gaskets) and all the freaking oil or coolant leaks....i was in a dealership at the time, and we were (under warranty) using REAL gaskets in place of the RTV....and what such a THIN line of RTV the factories would use too...!!!

Actually the different color silicone gasket compounds have different applications.

Black and gray work very well for oil and gear lube.

Blue is excellent for cooling system components like thermostat housings and water pumps.

The red stuff is supposed to work well in high temp applications.

I would never use clear for anything on an engine, transmission or axle housing. But clear does work well for glass, like on the early street rods with two piece flat windshields, where the custom guys are removing the center post and butting the glass together. Clear bonds well to glass, and when the glass is cut and fit tightly the silicone makes an excellent sealer there, and is nearly invisible.

The thin bead on the factory gaskets is all that is needed. All too often the shade tree mechanics squeeze out a whole tube of sealer onto a gasket surface, and then proceed to tighten all the fasteners, smashing 99% of the silicone out and into the inside and outside of the parts.

How dumb.

It is not indicative of the general populace. Most people around here are nice, friendly folk.

Roy S was a transplant from some asylum somewhere. Probably out on parole...

My sister said that most people were friendly around there when she lived in Gig Harbor. Except one woman in a grocey store parking lot who saw her Navy logo on her SUV and started screaming at her for being married to "one of Bush's baby-killing Nazi storm troopers".

I wish I was there to see that. My sister can be quite entertaining sometimes. I bet that woman ended up crapping her pants by the time my sister got done with her. She doesn't take crap from ANYBODY.

Actually the different color silicone gasket compounds have different applications.

Black and gray work very well for oil and gear lube.

Blue is excellent for cooling system components like thermostat housings and water pumps.

The red stuff is supposed to work well in high temp applications.

I would never use clear for anything on an engine, transmission or axle housing. But clear does work well for glass, like on the early street rods with two piece flat windshields, where the custom guys are removing the center post and butting the glass together. Clear bonds well to glass, and when the glass is cut and fit tightly the silicone makes an excellent sealer there, and is nearly invisible.

The thin bead on the factory gaskets is all that is needed. All too often the shade tree mechanics squeeze out a whole tube of sealer onto a gasket surface, and then proceed to tighten all the fasteners, smashing 99% of the silicone out and into the inside and outside of the parts.

How dumb.

yes, i am aware of the different colors and what they are used for...but if i were to be in a pinch and could not get the correct color ASAP, and the car had to get out..??

"eenie, meenie, minee, moe".....

and YES, i had a guy come in saying his transmission wasn't working right...

he had changed his own fluid and filter....and YES.....he used up the entire tube of blue.....

well he actually got lucky...it clogged up the filter....once cleaned up, he was on his way.

on a transmission pan gasket, i never used any RTV....i used a very small amount of "gasket shellac" on the corners, just to hold the gasket in place, while i would tighten up the bolts.

My sister said that most people were friendly around there when she lived in Gig Harbor. Except one woman in a grocey store parking lot who saw her Navy logo on her SUV and started screaming at her for being married to "one of Bush's baby-killing Nazi storm troopers".

I wish I was there to see that. My sister can be quite entertaining sometimes. I bet that woman ended up crapping her pants by the time my sister got done with her. She doesn't take crap from ANYBODY.

i never understood that mentality...screaming baby killer or whatever, to either a soldier or a spouse..i mean first of all, they GET ORDERED TO GO...and they HAVE TO FOLLOW ORDERS or get court martialed..??? then dishonorably discharged, and whatever else..all for what, some dumbass protesters..??

kinda reminds me of the way the viet nam vets were MIS-TREATED....then people lightened up on them.....

go after the politicians that send them off to a warzone, but DO NOT blame the commanding officers, all the way down to the grunts....or seamen, or whatever else any enlisted person is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread