Which Tonneau Cover should I get?

...and people say you can't learn anything from this place.

I think I'm going to go with a soft roll up one.

I have traction control.
Traction control doesn't give you grip it only cuts power to help you not spin out.

I had a 2015 F150 with Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor knobbies and I still put salt bags in the bed.

Traction control doesn't give you grip it only cuts power to help you not spin out.

I had a 2015 F150 with Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor knobbies and I still put salt bags in the bed.

I still plan on putting salt in the bed but drivinf around hauling snow is stupid.

I still plan on putting salt in the bed but drivinf around hauling snow is stupid.
Flavor it and sell it as sno cones.

I liked my tonneau because it protected the straps and whatnot that I have for trailering stuff so I'm not arguing against having one.

It's just that if you're thinking it'll pay for itself in MPGs...it won't.

Other than snow there's no benefit. It's already been proven by science that there is no MPG benefit. The bed fills with air and the rest of the air flows over top of it acting just like a tonneau.
Yup! Remember all them folks that used to drive around with the tailgate down? Until Mythbusters showed them yahoos that leaving the tailgate up provided better airflow.

Really??

Hmm...🤔

Youd think it would make more drag
It's counterintuitive until you really think about it.

Drag requires continuous airflow. With the tailgate up, the first bit of air goes down in there but it has no escape route. So it basically stays in there and makes circles. New air then floats over top of the air that's stuck in the bed. That's why you can see leaves dancing around back there but they never fly away unless they get caught in the new stream that's flowing over the cab and back across.

I leave mine down so the cops can't see that my license plate sticker expired in 2011. 😎
We don't even have stickers on our plates anymore. The state wanted to save money by not printing them but it backfired because people stopped renewing. Some deliberately, some just forgot because that's what they were using as a reminder. I went three months before realizing my 2015 F150 was out. And only because they stopped matching our inspection to our tag and it came due.

We don't even have stickers on our plates anymore. The state wanted to save money by not printing them but it backfired because people stopped renewing. Some deliberately, some just forgot because that's what they were using as a reminder. I went three months before realizing my 2015 F150 was out. And only because they stopped matching our inspection to our tag and it came due.
The entire concept of license plate stickers that expire every year is stupid petty micromanagement bullshit.

Just add one cent to the gas tax to make up for the losses and be done with it.

Why the hell should I have to keep paying for a sticker on a vehicle I hardly ever drive?

The entire concept of license plate stickers that expire every year is stupid petty micromanagement bullshit.

Why the hell should I have to keep paying for a sticker on a vehicle I hardly ever drive?
Yeah it's just a money grab. Especially with fees that go up in class regardless of how or even if it's used.

Could be worse. You live in a state like PA that wants inspections every year?

No.

Illinois has emissions testing but only if you live in or around the urban cesspools of Chicago and St Louis.
We finally got rid of emissions testing here, it only took a conservative Government to do it.
They realised it was a cash grab when like 95% of the cars were passing. I made up that percentage but almost ever car was burning clean.

I leave mine down so the cops can't see that my license plate sticker expired in 2011. 😎
I got my sticker one year but it was raining pretty hard so I threw it in the glove box and forgot about it for a year.
Mine right now is currently expired but I am using the Covid thing as an excuse for not getting a new one.

I got my sticker one year but it was raining pretty hard so I threw it in the glove box and forgot about it for a year.
Mine right now is currently expired but I am using the Covid thing as an excuse for not getting a new one.
That's why I can't get my pickup inspected or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread