Where is Mike? Where is he going? Don't ask him, he's probably lost.

Had an old hopper guy that ran fields and feed lots tell me. You can cross a light bridge if you do it right. Just gotta go slow so the bridge don’t jump off the supports. I was like 19 he took me out for a ride. We crossed a 12 ton wooden bridge with 85k of truck trailer and grain.i was scared ****less. He laughed and said I been to this feed lot a million times, just go slow and it’s fine.

Today. Driving myself, that’s not a risk I would take.
We used to do that in the oilfields back in the day. They'd only be 15 or 20 foot long and a foot tall. Like you said, creep across and go.
Sometimes we'd have to move rig across those, but we had a portable bridge for that. That was a real pain if there was more than one. Get everyone loaded and across, grab the bridge and squeeze past everyone, set it up again. Repeat as necessary. Thankfully it wasn't often.

We used to do that in the oilfields back in the day. They'd only be 15 or 20 foot long and a foot tall. Like you said, creep across and go.
Sometimes we'd have to move rig across those, but we had a portable bridge for that. That was a real pain if there was more than one. Get everyone loaded and across, grab the bridge and squeeze past everyone, set it up again. Repeat as necessary. Thankfully it wasn't often.
You need to tell more stories

View attachment IMG_5504.mov
Level 6 evaluation yesterday, center of the video on the beam. Nobody was allowed in the gym other than the girls and the judges. She had to do this before competing in any actual level 6 meet this year.

She score in the 9’s on all the routines, I believe her score on the beam was a 9.5

One of the moms video’d this and passed it on to us.

View attachment 53128
Level 6 evaluation yesterday, center of the video on the beam. Nobody was allowed in the gym other than the girls and the judges. She had to do this before competing in any actual level 6 meet this year.

She score in the 9’s on all the routines, I believe her score on the beam was a 9.5

I'm no professional gymnastics judge but I am impressed.

View attachment 53128

Impressive. Like that time I saw you walk a line with a BAC of .60. Is it genetic?

Teach your trailer to hit back.

Not tonight. I defended my trailer's honor.

I swear, people have totally forgotten how to drive. Since when is backing until you hit the trailer behind you considered normal? I literally see people defending this on Facebook like it is expected.

I need about a month off to reset my anger management issues.

Not tonight. I defended my trailer's honor.

I swear, people have totally forgotten how to drive. Since when is backing until you hit the trailer behind you considered normal? I literally see people defending this on Facebook like it is expected.

I need about a month off to reset my anger management issues.
Well if it's a gentle tap, it's no different than hitting a dock. I mean that's what those rubber blocks are for. I've had people tap into the back of my trailer before. It freaks me out for a second, then when I realize what happened I just go back to sleep. No need to make a federal case over it.

One time I was shutting down for a blizzard in Iowa. At the Loves at exit 125 west side of Des Moines back when it was a Flying J.

I had an empty trailer. I was unloading at some place nearby and had been on the phone with my friend Hugh who was also shut down there with an empty trailer, having left the same place I'd delivered to. He was leaving as I was pulling in.

Anyway he said "wake me up when you get here".

I located his truck so I could park nearby. Then I noticed the space behind him was open.

After getting out to double check and make damn sure it was him behind me, I proceeded to intentionally bump the back of his trailer.

Except for my boots were wet and icy and my foot slipped off the clutch 😉 and I hit him under power. He said it threw him outta the bunk.

He got out of the truck in his socks all pissed off til I said "you told me to wake you up when I got here, so I did" then he was laughing. I said "go put some shoes on".

Well if it's a gentle tap, it's no different than hitting a dock. I mean that's what those rubber blocks are for. I've had people tap into the back of my trailer before. It freaks me out for a second, then when I realize what happened I just go back to sleep. No need to make a federal case over it.

Assuming a crappy fleet trailer has those rubber bumpers.

Anyhow, I totally disagree. Those bumpers are for bumping a dock, and not at the speed that some of these folks slam into docks. The latter is how I got hit. I literally lost it.

It would have been fine. I went to his truck, expressed my irritation about it. he pops off about me being perfect or something. it escalates from there. I walk back to my truck, and he ends up out of his truck running his mouth.

Assuming a crappy fleet trailer has those rubber bumpers.

Anyhow, I totally disagree. Those bumpers are for bumping a dock, and not at the speed that some of these folks slam into docks. The latter is how I got hit. I literally lost it.

It would have been fine. I went to his truck, expressed my irritation about it. he pops off about me being perfect or something. it escalates from there. I walk back to my truck, and he ends up out of his truck running his mouth.
Nah, you're just whining at this point. Nothing broke or you'd have already mentioned it.

Good thing it wasn't a flatbed hauling a steel coil, secured with a single 4" strap through the eye like Skateboard (NH) did in his advertising video.

You shoulda popped him in the jaw for giving you attitude though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread