Where is Mike? Where is he going? Don't ask him, he's probably lost.

Yeah, was picking that load up tomorrow early afternoon and delivering it the next morning.

Now, have to get the starter replaced. Once that is done, very likely no chance of me finding a reload.

I never book a load during repairs, just in case something goes wrong. I would have liked to try to get the starter replaced tonight, but there again, if something goes wrong (bolts breaking, who knows), I miss my delivery appointment in the morning, which I won't risk.
I hear you. That's why I don't want to promise any of these companies I'll start on X date.

How is that hard to grasp? 🤔
Because most don't study these kinds of numbers. They will compare the cost of a truck payment strictly to the cost of repairs, and totally leave out the loss in revenue, and potentially the loss of a relationship if you burn a broker too many times with a truck that is failing you.

Because most don't study these kinds of numbers. They will compare the cost of a truck payment strictly to the cost of repairs, and totally leave out the loss in revenue, and potentially the loss of a relationship if you burn a broker too many times with a truck that is failing you.
I guess I underestimate the stupidity sometimes.

You lose revenue when your emissions garbage sends you to the shop too. Even if it's under warranty. And will the warranty pay for the wrecker and hotel?

So lost revenue is a moot point if you're only using it for the "new truck with payments vs older truck that will need repairs" debate.

You lose revenue when your emissions garbage sends you to the shop too. Even if it's under warranty. And will the warranty pay for the wrecker and hotel?

So lost revenue is a moot point if you're only using it for the "new truck with payments vs older truck that will need repairs" debate.
It all has to be factored in, definitely not overlooking the cost of warranty downtime. That said, that isn't the issue that it used to be. I fully expect a couple bugs to need to be worked out of the truck in the beginning, but other than that, I don't expect to have big emissions problems like I did with the 2015 PACCAR motor.

Yeah downtime is downtime no matter the reason. There aren't a whole lot of accessory parts on my old jalopy that I couldn't replace at home.

Local is different though in that you're not even planning a week out. Might lose a day unless it's bigger like an overhaul. If it's just the starter you do as Mike did and finish the load you're on, go home, fix it, then continue on. But the load you're on is never a 3 day affair.

It all has to be factored in, definitely not overlooking the cost of warranty downtime. That said, that isn't the issue that it used to be. I fully expect a couple bugs to need to be worked out of the truck in the beginning, but other than that, I don't expect to have big emissions problems like I did with the 2015 PACCAR motor.

Same reason “hustle” can make you so much more income when you can suddenly find yourself 1/2-2 days ahead of yourself.

And then you get slapped with weeks like this and no matter how much you try to recover...

You’re three days later and $4000 behind revenue.

Yeah, I’ll blame it on @Sinister whining about @Mike not buying him dinner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread