What truck is a smart truck to buy???

The prostar get almost 10mpg think about it like this my grandfathers century with 10 speed and n14 in it turned 435hp we only pulled up to 50k gross save fuel and well pulling over 80k messes up a truck in the long run but how you take care of yiur truck depends on how nice it wants to be to you

I just wish the epa would ease up and let these manufacturers build a good efficient motor. The technology is there and egr,dpf,def is not really needed. Half the problem we have is the fact when the epa has new requirements the manufactur has not been able to fully perfect the engine prior and they are already having to redesign it, so in short over the last 13 years its been a cluster ......,, of changes and inconsistencies.

All this is technology when they were making motors early in 1960 people were saying oh these 250 horses were a lot back then so think about it now its global warming

Well i wish all new trucks can get 10 and stay out of the shop i would buy one but unfortunately the odds are not In my favor.

The new trucks are made to save more money older trucks are made to make but spend more money because of fuel and issues because all new 2007-present have more eletrical issues because they are electrical motors

I know more older trucks ( when drivin properly) will get way better fuel mileage than a new truck. Way to many variables for me on new trucks. I keep trying to talk myself into a glider cause i do want the new truck feeling but i just cant justify it.
Older trucks aren't averaging in the 8s. That's what the new trucks are getting.

Haven't had a mechanical engine sine the n14, s60 ddec I or E model came out. Who are you kidding.

You need to see a good solid 2 mpg increase to justify a new truck on mileage. Increased insurance, def etc will offset the savings otherwise.

you can get a older truck to avg 8 no problem. I see it all the time. Just learn to drive it right And not race everyone you see.

Just the cost of repair on a new truck is enough to make me run away. Lol there are plenty of pre emission trucks in the 8mpg range. Even a few long nose guys are hitting those numbers .

The cost comes from labor most of the time I mean if i went to detriot diesel and could handle a truck with a dd14 in it id do alright

Just the cost of repair on a new truck is enough to make me run away. Lol there are plenty of pre emission trucks in the 8mpg range. Even a few long nose guys are hitting those numbers .
I can get good mileage too with no weight in the box. It I don't pull empty trailer either.

Thr reason many trucks tear up because a truck is made to pull 80k but you people do it so many times that in the long run it tears the truck up

Well i pull 25k most time somtime 40 if it pays well. But i have equipment and run specialized most the time. My avg gross is 65k I rented a truck when mine was in for a inframe same operation i was getting 7mpg with a 2014 cascadia. Had it for Just over 30days.

Anyway i was just putting in my .02 . I Know what is working for me and what had not worked for me. At the end of the day im making money and staying clear of the shops and tow truck, And i dont have a truck payment. Take it for what its worth . The OP asked a question i gave my opinion , in the end people are going do what they wish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread