What region do you prefer to drive in?

If you divided the United States up into 4 sections, Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, Southeast, which would be the area you preferred to drive in, and why?

Me, I like the southeast. Mainly because it doesn't contain California or New York, but also because the people seem more friendly, and you don't have hours and hours of driving through nothing(like crossing kansas, nebraska, etc..)

So, what would be your favorite?

I like the southeast. Been driving in that area for a few months now and really enjoy it.

Having been born and raised in Florida and doing the typical Florida vacation in NC, I would rather spend my time west of the Mississippi to be able to see more of the country. My worst experiences so far have been Ohio (only because of a speeding ticket my 2nd day out! Whats this 55 mph for truckers!), PA (is the whole state under construction?), and NJ (too congested). Anyway, just keep me out of New England and I'll be happy.

Wow...that's a good question and most of our drivers would say something different.

But for me..I would have to say the direction my headlights are pointed..:D

Love the Southwest, until I get to California. Well, not so much California, but that hell hole around Los Angeles.

i prefer the s.e. region. i like the warm weather is the main reason why. but i really liked driving in Michigan and Wisconsin. Those two states have some of the best views to see, esp. the northern parts of it. and most of the people from trucking i know are up north.

me ? kansas, western missouri, ark, lousiana, ky, tenn, ga, [except atlanta] east texas, oklahoma, alabama, mississippi, thats about it, hate everything else.

My option isn't in the poll. I prefer ND to TX to GA to OH. In other words, the middle.

I don't mind snow. I just don't like the people that don't know how to drive on it (truck driving school steering wheel holders included).

Anywhere the freight is going

:beep:
As long as I am moving I am happy. I am easy to please, just get me loaded and moving.

Sure there are places I like and places I don't.

My preference is drives with great scenery and lower traffic volumes. Just drove through some nice territory yesterday.

I also like going to Canada, the people up there talk funny, eh? And there is something about traveling in a foreign country even though it doesn't really feel like a foreign country.

Yes the Northeast mostly sucks, but when you get away from the congested metropolitan areas there is some nice country there as well.

The entire West coast can be a bitch with the lower speeds for trucks and 4 wheelers zipping by at warp speed, but if the load comes from or goes there I guess that is where I will be.

Certainly Ohio, Indiana and Illinois can be frustrating, mile after mile dragging along at sleepy time speeds. So I guess you could say I am happy anywhere the speed limits are higher. The faster the better and 70 to 75 is the best, and I always set the cruise at 3 over. A driver can put down a lot more miles each day when the speeds are higher. And there is something about the feel you get when clipping along somewhere near the speed of sound.

Don't even ask me to cross the Southern border into Mexico. I might not ever be heard from again.

When I am in between picks and drops I like to stop for lunch at places with views and get away from the truck. It helps make those endless hours behind the wheel more tolerable. So any place that is away from concentrations of people is cool.

Happy trails.

:beep:
As long as I am moving I am happy. I am easy to please, just get me loaded and moving.

Sure there are places I like and places I don't.

My preference is drives with great scenery and lower traffic volumes. Just drove through some nice territory yesterday.

I also like going to Canada, the people up there talk funny, eh? And there is something about traveling in a foreign country even though it doesn't really feel like a foreign country.

Yes the Northeast mostly sucks, but when you get away from the congested metropolitan areas there is some nice country there as well.

The entire West coast can be a bitch with the lower speeds for trucks and 4 wheelers zipping by at warp speed, but if the load comes from or goes there I guess that is where I will be.

Certainly Ohio, Indiana and Illinois can be frustrating, mile after mile dragging along at sleepy time speeds. So I guess you could say I am happy anywhere the speed limits are higher. The faster the better and 70 to 75 is the best, and I always set the cruise at 3 over. A driver can put down a lot more miles each day when the speeds are higher. And there is something about the feel you get when clipping along somewhere near the speed of sound.

Don't even ask me to cross the Southern border into Mexico. I might not ever be heard from again.

When I am in between picks and drops I like to stop for lunch at places with views and get away from the truck. It helps make those endless hours behind the wheel more tolerable. So any place that is away from concentrations of people is cool.

Happy trails.
Ditto

it is like what I used to say when asked by friends where I go, I always replied, I try to stay east of the Pacific

I usually don't care where I go, because usually any area they send me, I have been there before, I try to stay out of routinely going to the northeast cities, not worried about the traffic, it is just not as profitable for me, between the tolls and the wasted time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread