What is your driving exp + cpm?

Ace

Want to make sure I am making what I should per mile for the experience i have. I have had trainers when i first started, making less than i do now after 2 years. I want to make what i deserve as an otr driver.

Want to make sure I am making what I should per mile for the experience i have. I have had trainers when i first started, making less than i do now after 2 years. I want to make what i deserve as an otr driver.

If you are as good as you think you are, you won't make the money you deserve as an OTR Driver for any company.

buy a truck and dive into the deep water. And I don't mean buy the tractor and lease it to a company that has power over you, get out on your own and do your own thing. That is where it is at.

Whatever company drivers are making, unless you got one of the gravy gigs like Walmart, it just isn't enough. Folks at Walmart can be home every week for their 34 and make more than $100k per year after a couple years on the job if they work hard. Every company driver "should" be able to make that.

If you are as good as you think you are, you won't make the money you deserve as an OTR Driver for any company.

buy a truck and dive into the deep water. And I don't mean buy the tractor and lease it to a company that has power over you, get out on your own and do your own thing. That is where it is at.

Whatever company drivers are making, unless you got one of the gravy gigs like Walmart, it just isn't enough. Folks at Walmart can be home every week for their 34 and make more than $100k per year after a couple years on the job if they work hard. Every company driver "should" be able to make that.
Thank you, I make 80k first year driving, should make 100k with my new job, home weekly, that is if I get 3000 miles a week as promised.

I thought I would need 3 years exp before I could make the big money, like with a tanker job. Never thought taking time off to concentrate on landing the best job would pay off so well.

If you want to make what you should as a driver. Stop getting paid CPM. It’s a rigged system designed to make a driver lose.

Reactions: CMT
Wow dude, I have never seen anyone as conceded as you are.

FYI, one thing I learned over the years is that those who brag about their income are usually lying.

Also you do not drive 3,500ish miles a week if you're home every weekend. Get out of here with your lying. 🙄

Wow dude, I have never seen anyone as conceded as you are.

FYI, one thing I learned over the years is that those who brag about their income are usually lying.

Also you do not drive 3,500ish miles a week if you're home every weekend. Get out of here with your lying. 🙄
Not now I don't, I just went from .44 to .70, so I'll take 5 to 600 less miles a week. Every word I said is pure FACT.

Not now I don't, I just went from .44 to .70, so I'll take 5 to 600 less miles a week. Every word I said is pure FACT.
If it was a fact then every driver in the country would be in line to drive for FedEx.

By the way I'm a feeder driver at UPS and have been in LTL for pretty much my entire career, so I know you're full of it.

Case in point: you likely work for FedEx Ground/Freight, which means you're an IC. So you don't make 80,000 to six figures, your truck does.

Last edited:
If it was a fact then every driver in the country would be in line to drive for FedEx.

By the way I'm a feeder driver at UPS and have been in LTL for pretty much my entire career, so I know you're full of it.

Case in point: you likely work for FedEx Ground, which means you're an IC. So you don't make 80,000 to six figures, your truck does.
Fed ex is mainly brokers, you can believe what you want, but they pay around $5 a mile to brokers, so the
70cpm they pay me is chump change.

Fed ex is mainly brokers, you can believe what you want, but they pay around $5 a mile to brokers, so the
70cpm they pay me is chump change.
If you're only making $100,000 a year as an IC then I wouldn't brag about that because I made that in my first year at CR England.

If you're only making $100,000 a year as an IC then I wouldn't brag about that because I made that in my first year at CR England. I'm happy with 80k, so anything above is a bonus. I never expected to make that in a few short years.
I just made a low estimate, I just started new job, I could gross 130,000 for the year, I try not to count my chickens before they hatch.

Also 70 cpm for an IC is a joke. That rate would bankrupt most carriers.
I'm not sure what you mean, if a broker gets 5.00 a mile and pays .70 there is plenty of profit. Most carriers pay around .40cpm. On 3.00 a mile loads.

I'm not sure what you mean, if a broker gets 5.00 a mile and pays .70 there is plenty of profit. Most carriers pay around .40cpm. On 3.00 a mile loads.
So your fuel, insurance, permits and everything else is coming out of that .70 a mile and you think you'll still turn a profit?

I was paid $1.15 a mile at CR England 10 ****ing years ago. 1985 called. They want their rates back. 🙄

So your fuel, insurance, permits and everything else is coming out of that .70 a mile and you think you'll still turn a profit?

I was paid $1.15 a mile at CR England 15 ****ing years ago. 1985 called. They want their rates back. 🙄
I'm a company driver, I make .70cpm take home, only expense is my food lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread