What is the worst State for Truck Drivers to drive in?

Indiana. Indiana sucks. The roads suck, the cops and DOT are out of their mind, and the toll road plazas are as filthy as the Gary truck stops. Indiana sucks so bad.

The toll road plazas in Indiana aren't that bad really. They just suck in comparison to the big fancy ones in Ohio.

The ones in Illinois (called an "oasis") are pretty decent inside, but the truck parking is terrible, with only room for about a dozen trucks on each side.

The toll road plazas in Indiana aren't that bad really. They just suck in comparison to the big fancy ones in Ohio.

The ones in Illinois (called an "oasis") are pretty decent inside, but the truck parking is terrible, with only room for about a dozen trucks on each side.
Sure, if you grew up in a trailer in Alabama, the Indiana service plazas aren't bad. They're dirty, falling apart and the help doesn't care either. Someone should let them know about that new invention called a MOP too.

Sure, if you grew up in a trailer in Alabama, the Indiana service plazas aren't bad. They're dirty, falling apart and the help doesn't care either. Someone should let them know about that new invention called a MOP too.
Do you remember the old ones in Ohio that they tore down?

The two western ones, like the 20-something & the 50-something mile markers, and the last one going East before the PA line.

Your post describes those ones pretty accurately.

I still disagree about the Indiana ones, except the bathrooms need remodeled.

I haven't been in the ones at the west end in Portage in a few years though, so you might be right about them.

Do you remember the old ones in Ohio that they tore down?

The two western ones, like the 20-something & the 50-something mile markers, and the last one going East before the PA line.

Your post describes those ones pretty accurately.

I still disagree about the Indiana ones, except the bathrooms need remodeled.

I haven't been in the ones at the west end in Portage in a few years though, so you might be right about them.
They had two of them still up about 2 years ago, one on the eastern end and one on the west. Those were almost like communal showers. No real food choices, and then they tore them down for the nice modern ones they have now. The ones on the Indiana toll road are nasty though. The bathrooms are nasty and in disrepair in all of them. The help is less than helpful, and the one in portage is the worst. The east end service plaza was so bad the McDonald's moved out....

The bathrooms are nasty and in disrepair in all of them. The help is less than helpful, and the one in portage is the worst. The east end service plaza was so bad the McDonald's moved out....
The bathrooms do need remodeled.

The help is a crapshoot.. Sometimes they're lazy & rude, other times they're not. It depends on the individual.

I wasn't aware that the McDonald's moved out of the 146 mm plazas in Indiana. I never stop at that one because I simply avoid McDonald's anyway. That stuff isn't even real food.

I hope they don't close the entire plazas though, simply because we need the parking.

Agreed. Agreed on McDonalds too. I don't eat it. I have a dorm sized fridge and freezer, a microwave and a single burner in here. I cook my own food.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread