Owner Operator What if you held a truckers protest and nobody cared?

Glad the media paid them no attention. Also glad the MTO is holding firm on their decision.

These dirtbags have done enough damage to the industry. Enough is enough. No more trying to strong arm your way. It’s time the MTO starts playing hardball with these idiots and their derelict equipment.

BS threat they threw in there too, yeah buildings are going to cost more but that won’t be due to them having to upgrade their equipment. The pandemic is responsible for the inflated building costs.
You nailed it!

I lost a tie rod on one of Roadway's non-power-steering-and-no-****ing-damper White/GMC pieces of shit but I was in the parking lot at the Huck's truck stop in Mt Vernon, IL. The parking lot was full of craters at the time. Good thing I wasn't holding the steering wheel by the spokes at the time. And that was only like 3 mph.

I'd have thought the "self steer" would be set up to steer passively like the front wheels of a shopping cart.
They are basically a standard steer axle. King pins and tie rods. They have two steering struts.(shock with coil springs) bolted to the center of the axle. One goes left and one goes right. They bolt to the tie rod. Their main goal is to keep it centered and pointed straight when moving forward.

As you turn the lateral force pushes the tire and forces it to turn in the direction of the turn.

They have to be raised in order to reverse the truck because when backing up the will turn the opposite direction of the steer and make it impossible to control.

Never fear. They are still in full force dragging vans and reefers west of London. I've had the cruise dialed back all day so they can go fight it out somewhere else.
Wrap a white towel around a white hard hat. Glue it, whatever you gotta do so you can keep it on your passenger seat and quickly grab it and put it on your head when you need it, without it falling apart.

Put it on when you go through a scale house. ****in cowards won't mess with you.

Wrap a white towel around a white hard hat. Glue it, whatever you gotta do so you can keep it on your passenger seat and quickly grab it and put it on your head when you need it, without it falling apart.

Put it on when you go through a scale house. ****in cowards won't mess with you.
I have always said I keep a dirty shirt handy for just suck an emergency but I normally do my level best not to run by any open ones in Ontario. You do occasionally lose yellow light lotto or get some bad intel though.

I have always said I keep a dirty shirt handy for just suck an emergency but I normally do my level best not to run by any open ones in Ontario. You do occasionally lose yellow light lotto or get some bad intel though.
Maybe put a sign on the passenger door that says "COVID POSITIVE".

That might work even better. Every government stooge is terrified of covid.

These idiots could’ve bought themselves SPIF axles with the amount of time they’ve taken off in all of these protests.

I think Sarbjit Kaur was on Newstalk 1010, Making no real valid points and the radio show host was just hammering her!

It has been a few good days with all the dump trucks parked, safer roads no one blowing red lights.

They had their rolling protest on the highways blocking traffic and pissing off public that they wish to garner support from.

No shit! Just after the protest ended a dump truck come flying up the road doing about 80 in a 40 zone right close to the curb to kick up as much dust as possible.
I raised my hand toward him in the what in the actual **** gesture and declared, And.....let the assholery commence! (once again)

The media did not give much coverage to the protest but, They sure as hell made a point out of the pedestrian killed by a dump truck today, Oh yeah, they harped on that pretty good!

I'd get on board if I knew what spif meant.
Pretty much it means you need a steerable axle rather than a duel tire lift axle. For example on a dump truck that would be the axle in between the steer axles and the drive axles.
Duel tire lift axel dump trucks are still allowed, just at a reduced loaded weight.

Last edited:
Pretty much it means you need a steerable axle rather than a duel tire lift axle. For example on a dump truck that would be the axle in between the steer axles and the drive axles.
Duel tire lift axel dump trucks are still allowed, just at a reduced loaded weight.
Oh so that wierd middle one just behind the cab?

Damn near all the trucks in the video appeared to have one.

And we thought flatbedders were...you know. 😒🤤🙄😂😃😉

Oh so that wierd middle one just behind the cab?

Damn near all the trucks in the video appeared to have one.
Yeah, Most of the trucks in the video were in compliance. They were there for support or just to cause havoc.
They must make a lot of money, that they can burn fuel and take time off work to support something that does not affect them.

Yeah, Most of the trucks in the video were in compliance. They were there for support or just to cause havoc.
They must make a lot of money, that they can burn fuel and take time off work to support something that does not affect them.
Better brotherhood. They stick together.

All the rest of drivers just argue.

Unless they're talking about beer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread