What Has The Sillyconn Valley actually "Produced"

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
Go order a freaking PIZZA nowadays ..

If ya aint "Online" and willing to Share a "Credit Card" ya pay DOUBLE..

What in "Pray-Tell" has the SILLY-CON Valley done 4 ya "lately"..

To be perfectly "Honest" with ya I wouldnt mind if the Earthquake of a Millenium opened up swallowed em..

Heck even if North Korea shot a Nuclear Missle upon the Bay Area and "Obliverated" em..

What has TECH "provided" USEFUL other than Cheaper Electronics...

Nothing infact its "Algorythyms" and be singed up give us your Credit Card #..

They can go "F" themselves..

And the only Reason they run "RoughShod" over our lives is the VAST MAJORITY of the Population is Lazy and Ignorant

Oh but its SO EASY..

Ah ya just an Old "Fuddy Duddy" a GEEZER theyll say..

Until they "Drain" your Bank Account Dry..

Even at that extreme 2 outta 3 are still too DUMB and Lazy go back and "embrace" More
Assuming "lately" is within the past couple of years, I've done all right by SV. That is, SV (not my SV 1000) has done a lot for me indirectly.

FB paid my nephew a sum sufficient to a ranch that I have access to yet don't have to pay property taxes, for maintenance, etc. to use it.

As the ranch is in goofy CA and I'm in AK (where it's time to shovel snow out of my driveway), I have yet to get there. Admittedly the 550 acres has a few rattlers and a few bears -- having lived in Chignik for 9 years, I like brown bears and respect them but am not paranoid about them).

Here's an old real estate agent video of the joint. BTW, I can probably out geezer that guy who has the moniker, "Methuselah." Check:

Like most places, SV has good guys and bad guys. And like the rest of us, they need to make a buck or a million. Unlike so many back East who inherit big bucks, at least the SV folks create something of value, e.g. the technology behind this site.

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
No.

There’s not.
True...

Somebody told once ya know about alot of stuff on account ya been everywhere..

Not exactly No although I have strung Bits & Pieces together fine thats "True"

Where a real "Fact Check" can be Found is look deeply into my postings
You folks can do Gr8...gosh bless ya

That also came at a Substatial "Co$t" to Society At Large..

Ive made the "Conscience" decision I aint partaking with the "excetption" of My Ex and gave her "Ca$h" ..

Never bought a thing from AMAZON

Then she used our "Name" and ran up Store Credit allover town...

When the CURRENCY "Collapses" I got atleast 6 months of Food in Storage.

Rest is gonna Shotgun Shells and 9mms to brush ya crazy "desparate" people who didnt "Plan" away..

When the "Dollar" Crashes wont be no more Cops or Jails..

Sinister

You know what, Stuart? I like you!
Staff member
Supporter
Everyone get that?

Theres DEEP meaning in his posts.

I'll start getting them all in print and bound into a vast tome so we may all retreat to a remote mountaintop and study them.

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
I'm not sure which pot th' crotch rocket guys were attempting to stir....

Nah they must be "Yuppies" showing off theyre Paper Stock wealth...

Probably aint got a "Grand" in the BANK..

I almost "Pray" the Interst Rates shoot back to 1980s level..

As "Painful" as that was...folks 2day aint got no "sense"..

Buy and "Borrow" more ....

Sorry the "Fed" should be jacking up ..

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
BirchB post: 761911 said:
Nah they must be "Yuppies" showing off theyre Paper Stock wealth...

Probably aint got a "Grand" in the BANK..

I almost "Pray" the Interst Rates shoot back to 1980s level..

As "Painful" as that was...folks 2day aint got no "sense"..

Buy and "Borrow" more ....

Sorry the "Fed" should be jacking up ..

Long Due for a "Crash" in the Boom, Bubble, POP cycle..

Sooner it happens the BETTER..

Longer we "Wait" the "Worse" the Crash

Fageol

I'm not sure which pot th' crotch rocket guys were attempting to stir....
Just referring to all those electronics in the pic you posted. Not looking to stir the pot. You've pretty much arrogated or otherwise perform that activity; far be it from me to object. Just thought that maybe you could stir long-range, add stirring entertainment value, or stir with more precision with all those electronics.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Premium
Just referring to all those electronics in the pic you posted. Not looking to stir the pot. You've pretty much arrogated or otherwise perform that activity; far be it from me to object. Just thought that maybe you could stir long-range, add stirring entertainment value, or stir with more precision with all those electronics.
That "pile of electronics" are antique microcomputers, and cassette tape "mass storage" device. 1st gen stuff out of sillycon valley... and the predecessors of todays smartphone computational capabilities.

Probably worth quite a bit to collectors.

Fageol

That "pile of electronics" are antique microcomputers, and cassette tape "mass storage" device. 1st gen stuff out of sillycon valley... and the predecessors of todays smartphone computational capabilities.

Probably worth quite a bit to collectors.
Just lookin' at those machines made me slap on my tinfoil hat. I'm bettin' you replaced those old Z80s and such with Itaniums and Xeons. I'm betting that likely you got a disguised supercomputer. You probably use it to Eulerize your routes and do other stuff. Truckin' is likely a good disguise for NSA operators.

BTW I have an old (about 1987 vintage) Xeon-powered HP at my earthquake-damaged house on Big Lake (Alaska). If I can get to it (and that's a problem as the house has a 20° list), I'll donate it to your collection.

Electric Chicken

Premium
BTW I have an old (about 1987 vintage) Xeon-powered HP at my earthquake-damaged house on Big Lake (Alaska). If I can get to it (and that's a problem as the house has a 20° list), I'll donate it to your collection.
🐎 💩

Xeon processor was introduced in 1998. Nobody grabbed an old IBM from the 80s and put them in.

Fageol

🐎 💩

Xeon processor was introduced in 1998. Nobody grabbed an old IBM from the 80s and put them in.
[/QUOTE

I haven't seen that machine in years. But I think you're right, it had a Pentium Pro processor. I kinda hope to retrieve it along with my handloading stuff (including a Bonanza Co-ax press), a bunch of books, my tools, and my old Oehler Chronograph from the place. I'm not too concerned about the furniture, clothing, dishes, etc. The 7.1 earthquake on 11/30/18 did a number on the joint. In a few minutes I lost $97.8K -- no earthquake insurance was available.

BL19Tax.jpg

Tilt.jpg