What company should i go through

laills

I looking to get my cdl and a company that pays for it. Any suggestions. I have looked into pam and schneider

you were not in too deep, to back out....

all i was saying was that Swift paid your fee's on your behalf so that you had no worries about any of it out of pocket expenses.

I AM HELPING the new member here by EXPLAINING that the company pays for the fee's, that YOU WOULD HAVE HAD TO, out of your pocket up front..!!

what part of that, did you not understand..???

further, i have been keeping this a secret for a long time now, but maybe @Duck and @Injun may recall, when i was a member here a couple of years ago...

I WAS AN INSTRUCTOR at a CDL school, and i "have an idea", on how some of this crap works......

not that changes have not been made over the years, but you are debating someone who has been on BOTH sides of the industry......
Yes but my arguement is that THEY DO NOT pay all of the fees. There are a LOT of things you do have to pay for up front out of your own pocket that no one tell you about. Try to think back to when you were in school. How overwhelming it can be. How much easier it would have been if you had ALL the necessary information BEFORE school. I wish someone would have had this convo in a thread weeks ago to help me.

i think, she has seen an itemized bill. where you must have seen the grand total.

i'd prefer an itemized bill myself, to see where all the cash went to, or what i am paying back.

i was lucky, back in the day, i got a student loan(thru the school) and a Pell grant. i do not believe there was any company paid schools back then. you either got a loan on your own, or cash, or you got a school student loan, from the school's finance officer.

lucky to for some of today's students, the cost of the company school as far less than say the $12,000 for CDL schooling (here in my state....!!!!!!!!)

and by the way, after the Pell grant, my loan way back then, was for about $2,500 for a 16 week course.
Technically, I had to pay those little fees. But the school wrote me a check after I gave them the receipt. It came out of my $4,000 tuition. If that makes sense.

Yes but my arguement is that THEY DO NOT pay all of the fees. There are a LOT of things you do have to pay for up front out of your own pocket that no one tell you about. Try to think back to when you were in school. How overwhelming it can be. How much easier it would have been if you had ALL the necessary information BEFORE school. I wish someone would have had this convo in a thread weeks ago to help me.
ok...i went back, and re-read your first posting.

i took it that Swift paid all the fee's on your behalf, and then you reimburse them, as a student, you'd be cash poor, the reason for going to thier schooling.

making it easier at the end to have all one bill, not any out of pocket expenses up front.

the exception i would have seen is, if a student fails the DMV road test, THEN must pay out of pocket for another testing time.

one CDL school i worked had, had an all inclusive loan for such, which made me for whatever reason, think Swift was doing the same.

i know, i did "office time" as a student counselor and pre-finance assistant, as back up to the office staff.....(all us instructors, did office time)

They DONT pay on your behalf (not the fees, the tuition they do). At least not swift....that was my point. The recruiters withhold information just to get you to school and then they blindside you. I started class on monday and we already lost 2 people because they didnt have the $250 for the skills test.

This is new. When I went through Swift's academy 10 years ago, there was just a $150 sitting fee.

and you're right. It's not fair to withhold this information from students. I've a mind to make a phone call or two later today.

This is new. When I went through Swift's academy 10 years ago, there was just a $150 sitting fee.

and you're right. It's not fair to withhold this information from students. I've a mind to make a phone call or two later today.
exactly, the school training from the companies encompassed many things/fee's in which the student paid back.

some possibilities exist here.

one being that the fee's are now due to the problem Swift had in TN a few years ago...and the school was shut down, as well as in another state....?? maybe they were over-charging.>???

the next possibility, is that the recruiters have no idea of the fee's, as they too are trained to say what ever the company teaches them, and if "fee's" are left out of the book they read from, no one can blame them.

the next, as we all know, yes, someone can be kicked out of training, but not necessarily for lack of money, as we know, background checks have most likely begun.

Ok. I think i have decided to go with schneider.
I am very nervous, wondering if i can pass the school. Learning to back. Is this normal for newbies. Or is it just me. Any helpful information please to prepare me for school

Ok. I think i have decided to go with schneider.
I am very nervous, wondering if i can pass the school. Learning to back. Is this normal for newbies. Or is it just me. Any helpful information please to prepare me for school

They'll teach you. At least here at Knight, they would work with people and extend the program if necessary in order to get you to be able to pass the test. Same with your trainer time.... the biggest thing is regardless of ability to perform, are you demonstrating ability and desire to LEARN. If you are doing that part, then they will continue to try to teach you.

Washington court house ohio
how far are you from I-70..?? i am looking at a map of Ohio, but i am having trouble finding your location. on I-70, there "used to be", US Express, Werner, and some company in Richmond...(unless i am thinking Richmond, IN)

just stay away from CR England....

30 minutes
ok, check and see if US Express is still up there, as well as Werner, on the I-70..or very close to it...go to thier websites, and look for locations....

both offer training, and since you are only 30 minutes from home, you very well may be able to get back to that terminal sooner, rather than if you had to go way cross country for a school/company.

Just stay away from CR ENGLAND

Washington court house ohio
If you go with Schneider, the bulk (tanker division) is the best for the future; leads to very high paying jobs.
Millis Transfer has school in Trenton,Ohio and furnishes lodging and meals.
I'd still put Schneider bulk division first and Millis second. Millis is dry van and does lots of drop & hook loads of soft drinks or beer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread