CB Radio What cb should i buy?

Good deal that's probably the set up I will go with. I can go to the battery but would rather not. And I think that will do everything I want to do and more. Thanks for the info!!!

I bought a Connex 3300 HP about nine years ago. Been a real good radio. I have a five pill, as well, but I haven't used that in some years now. No real need for it... I had a bigger hole in my pocket then. But I don't regret the Connex one bit.
View attachment 7301
View attachment 7301

I wouldn't give Stryker the time of day, much less, a thin dime of my hard-earned money. He's a complete, unmitigated ass. There are better, less expensive antennae out there that won't draw unwanted attention to your equipment. He stole the design from somebody else anyway.

I was not offended. I merely pointed out the fact we have all kinds of good drivers here who have information to offer. Some of them even work for Swift. As company drivers. After your responses, I figured I'd just have a little fun with ya'.:neener:

Nothing from nothing Injun but I do not believe Stryker radios are of any affiliation with the guy who "invented" Striker antennas I have heard he got the design from someone else. Isn't he the one who is above the TA in OKC?

Yeah, that's him. And whenever you go through OKC, you might as well turn off your radio, because the only thing on the airwaves are him and the home basers flirting with each other.
Don't remember the exit number offhand, but it's the TA with the Crash & Roll Stunt Team terminal about a block away, and there's a Pilot and J there, as well.

Yea that's what I'm saying. Like you said about your Connex it's something that will last for 10 plus years hopefully. If yours goes out today what has it cost you 30 or 40 dollars a year to have a great radio.

Yea that's what I'm saying. Like you said about your Connex it's something that will last for 10 plus years hopefully. If yours goes out today what has it cost you 30 or 40 dollars a year to have a great radio.

I can have a crappy radio for free. The company provides them in the trucks for some reason. This truck has a Cobra 29LTD Classic.

I have two decent radios at home. Nothing extremely fancy, just a Uniden PC78XL I had tuned, and a Galaxy something-or-other that was already peaked & tuned when I bought it used at Walcott CB.

I just don't see the point in hooking them up because every time I turn on the CB, it's either silence, or two guys who know each other going yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap...

There was a freakin' 5 mile backup the other day and there must've been a couple hundred trucks stopped in it, ... nothing but silence on channel 19, except for the occasional guy asking what the backup was about and not getting any replies.

I bought it for $278 in 02 or 03. I sold a Cobra 25 to one of my coworkers when I lived in North Carolina. I bought the radio in 1998 from a CB shop in Upstate New York, had it peaked and tuned in 03 to use as a backup. Guy who bought it says it's still going strong. My stepdad has an old 40 channel... don't remember the brand, but it was one of the Radio Shack brands which he had bought in 1978, and it still works. The Connex is a fantastic radio. I was young and had no other obligations. Today, that's a different story, and I probably wouldn't spend that kind of money on a CB today. But I don't regret buying it when I did.
The other radios I mentioned were well taken care of, and that's a big part of it. If I had beaten the **** out of my Connex, I wouldn't still be using it today. Take care of your equipment, and it takes care of you. That goes for the military, this industry, being an equipment operator, etc.

Take care of your equipment, and it takes care of you. That goes for the military, this industry, being an equipment operator, etc.

Interesting. Take care of your equipment and it takes care of you. Some people should read that statement over and over and over again.

Or the guy I ran across on I90 in Minnesota who didn't realize his trailer's air lines were dragging on the ground in spite of the many people trying to raise him on the CB.

Or the guy I ran across on I90 in Minnesota who didn't realize his trailer's air lines were dragging on the ground in spite of the many people trying to raise him on the CB.

That doesn't work either. Was passing a van in my car when I saw his trailer lines on the ground and throwing sparks. Got on my hand held CB and he said he knew about it. I faded back and watched as his trailer brakes deployed. I said "Good job".

Interesting. Take care of your equipment and it takes care of you. Some people should read that statement over and over and over again.
That's the same thing that the guy that trained me reiterated, He was talking about the truck and about the truck getting you home. That rings in my ears everyday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread