• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Wanting to get in with maverick, but employment history problem, tips and advice please!

I've wanted to get into trucking, I made a thread before about how I have worked in the last 3 just don't have papers to prove it.
The recruiter told me that was fine and all I would need is someone with a different last name to sign a document that I was working with them.
He stated that I didn't need anything other than the date I was working with this person, their phone number, address and signature.
He stated they wouldn't look into it they just needed it for their record and DOT laws. Does this sound fishy or untrue? Maverick is seeming like the best company for me personally, I've wanted to go flatbed and that's what on the table with them with 0.52c/m starting off after training and trucks with APUs. Just looking for advice/tips on what to do. I do not have a record or a bad driving record, I'm 24.

Put it on the table, the good and the bad.

No it it kind of sounds like they want a notarized document. Legit!

Wow, how many google searches for Notorious BIG come up when looking for Notarized.:eek:

You may need something from a friend or such that has to be notarized, they will let you know that. Being that your history does not include driving, they may not be too concerned with it.

I did the same thing to cover a period of self employment before I got into trucking... worked for me. The DOT has background check requirements that must be met, but it also goes a long way to show a reasonable effort was made if some scumbag lawyer files a negligent hiring lawsuit against them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread