• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

USA Truck

Reviewer

USA Truck, Inc. is a medium haul, common and contract carrier specializing in truckload quantities of general commodities. The Company operates in the forty-eight contiguous United States, the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec, and in Mexico through the gateway city of Laredo, Texas. The Company's principal competitive strength is its ability and commitment to provide consistent, premium service to shippers that demand a higher level of service than is generally available in the truckload market.

The Company’s general offices are located in Van Buren, Arkansas with maintenance facilities in Van Buren, Arkansas, West Memphis, Arkansas, Shreveport, Louisiana, Butler Township, Ohio and Bethel, Pennsylvania.

USA Truck hires drivers for Over The Road (OTR) and dedicated positions. Driving school graduates may also qualify for their training program

For more information on USA Truck, visit their website at : USA Truck, Inc.

Do you work for this company, or have you worked for it in the past? Give a review here. If you have questions, post them here as well for drivers who are familiar with the company to answer if possible.

We well see at the orientation, beside if you remember Pat I killed a barrel on I-71 in Nov, not to many takers for barrel killers. And yes I did read what you told me to go and look at.

No TruckerTrash you are fine no you did not come over that way, and no I did not go through driver solutions to get the job, I had a safety incident that cost the last company over $10K and it has been hard to get back to work, so I am kind of between a rock and a hard place, I don't like what I have to do to pay the bills and take care of my wife but at this point I have really no choice. But they are the only one to tell me anything positive so it is what it is. Hell I may not even get hired so it may be a mute point anyway.

OH ok that explains why USA.I read so many posts here sorry I cannot remember u killing a barrel.But no matter how unhappy u may be with USA,stick it out untill that safety incident is fairly old.
We well see at the orientation, beside if you remember Pat I killed a barrel on I-71 in Nov, not to many takers for barrel killers. And yes I did read what you told me to go and look at.

coachman...good luck at usa.......understand you gotta do what you gotta do to survive in this recession.......keep us posted on how things really are there.....and how da hell did you do 10k worth of damage hittin a barrel? was it full of asphalt? i did that in a metro geo one time. not alot of fun tell ya that.

I took out the bumper and a few things underneath all the way back to the rear of the trailer to include the airlines, plus you have to count in a wrecker for 200 miles up and 200 miles back to Cinti, Oh. Now on USA they sucked waited till the 3rd day to can a bunch of us for some they did not have a lot of experence as OTR drivers, me I got it because I needed to redo the blood test as mine was last done in 09 and or because of the barrel I murdered LOL, BUT I knew this going in that there were gonna be some problems. That said they had over 60 trucks sitting there in the Vandallia, Ohio yard and they were the worst looking trucks and trailers I have ever seen, even the ProStars were in ratty shape, I guess when I asked where I would get a truck and they told me I would ride the greyhound to Van Buren, Ark I just shook my head and mumbled no frigger way would I greyhound to ARK for a POS truck. Time to move on and look around some more.

So u took the bus to ohio then took the bus back home?Well maybe its best because USA doesnt have the best rep,with that being said,you probably would'nt have lasted long there.
I took out the bumper and a few things underneath all the way back to the rear of the trailer to include the airlines, plus you have to count in a wrecker for 200 miles up and 200 miles back to Cinti, Oh. Now on USA they sucked waited till the 3rd day to can a bunch of us for some they did not have a lot of experence as OTR drivers, me I got it because I needed to redo the blood test as mine was last done in 09 and or because of the barrel I murdered LOL, BUT I knew this going in that there were gonna be some problems. That said they had over 60 trucks sitting there in the Vandallia, Ohio yard and they were the worst looking trucks and trailers I have ever seen, even the ProStars were in ratty shape, I guess when I asked where I would get a truck and they told me I would ride the greyhound to Van Buren, Ark I just shook my head and mumbled no frigger way would I greyhound to ARK for a POS truck. Time to move on and look around some more.

coachman....thats to bad.....probably for the best anyway........hopefuly something will come around for ya......how long does it take something like hittin a barrel to clear your record? and do you have to take a blood test as well as a urine test? i knew about the drug and sugar level.....but never heard about a blood test.

It is called A1C blood test I have diabetes type II it has to do with the cholesterol numbers. That is what I meant about the blood test.

The one thing I forgot was that they admitted that their trucks have a target on them for any state DOT and you will get pulled over and get looked at really hard.

Well good grief why don't they get em all fixed.Jason my boss is finally getting off his lazy azz and fixing all the trks and trls.Was just told that today.About time.I think the CSA has him a bit scared.
The one thing I forgot was that they admitted that their trucks have a target on them for any state DOT and you will get pulled over and get looked at really hard.

have you got any new leads on a job? glad you found out the truth about usa. i dont beleive everything bad i read in here or other web sites but i didnt see one good thing about them. good luck and keep us informed

Working on something now as we speak, will let you all know.

coachman....how long do companies hold something like 10k worth of damage to a truck against you? just curious.......years ago if they liked ya it was just a slap on the wrist. i know things have changed with new laws and a slow economy. buddy of mine turned a rig over on a dark, lonley road in laredo one time. put him in the shop for two weeks then sent him back out again with another rig. some punishment huh?

It seems like they are really holding on to it really hard, I guess they are shooting for a couple of years at least for how ever long it takes to come off my DAC report. BTW I have found a gig doing maintenance in my complex and I get a retirement from the Army and free rent so what the hell I guess as my wife wants I am retired for good.

It seems like they are really holding on to it really hard, I guess they are shooting for a couple of years at least for how ever long it takes to come off my DAC report. BTW I have found a gig doing maintenance in my complex and I get a retirement from the Army and free rent so what the hell I guess as my wife wants I am retired for good.

good deal coachman.......at least you will be home every night with the mrs. DAC wasent around 30 yrs ago and i really dont like the concept. to one sided. then you have to go through to much crap to get the record straight. im an army vet myself. thanks for your service coach!

Good for you.So many jump right into it not knowing exactly what it details.Recruiters,salesman ect only tell them what they wanna hear,NOT THE TRUTH. This July it'll be 8 yrs and i'm still a company driver.After hearing all the nitemares from leasing on with a company,i'f I can't buy a trk from a dealer then forget it.With many of these lease operators,they are nothing more then a company driver.

Just a few days ago when I was fishing, I stopped into a diner, had a trucker there buying pogy bait, we got to talking, he was about to quit his company, he was a rookie driver who was talked into a lease. get this, it was a '94 international, he was paying $450 a week payments plus the extras for 48 months, he has been with them for almost a year and he said he might get 1 paycheck per month for just a couple hundred bucks, the truck I just bought is a '94 volvo, $29,000, I financed $25,500, my payments are just over $700 a month for 48 months, why anybody would do a lease or lease purchase is beyond me. That obvious scam should be outlawed or at the very least the numbers should be made known to the driver in writing. These fly by night leasing/finance companies are just as bad

get this, it was a '94 international, he was paying $450 a week payments plus the extras for 48 months, he has been with them for almost a year and he said he might get 1 paycheck per month for just a couple hundred bucks

thats insane! did he mention the name of the company?

(that should be '04 instead of '94 on both, still adjusting to the new century), I could read it on the side of the truck, I used to work for them Powersource transportation out of Griffith IN.

I hear that,if I was sweettalked into leasing and a few months down the road I did'nt like it because they failed to mention some important details,well u know what i'd brake that contract in a heartbeat let them sue me.I dont think theyd like what id tell the court and judge.
Just a few days ago when I was fishing, I stopped into a diner, had a trucker there buying pogy bait, we got to talking, he was about to quit his company, he was a rookie driver who was talked into a lease. get this, it was a '94 international, he was paying $450 a week payments plus the extras for 48 months, he has been with them for almost a year and he said he might get 1 paycheck per month for just a couple hundred bucks, the truck I just bought is a '94 volvo, $29,000, I financed $25,500, my payments are just over $700 a month for 48 months, why anybody would do a lease or lease purchase is beyond me. That obvious scam should be outlawed or at the very least the numbers should be made known to the driver in writing. These fly by night leasing/finance companies are just as bad

I forgot to ask,whats pogy bait?LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.