• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

UPS files for exemptions

Tazz

Infidel
UPS requests 4 exemptions to ELD mandate

• In addition, the company asked to not be required to automatically record log-in, log-out and duty change data for its drivers. UPS says complying with this aspect of the rule would violate its agreement with the Teamsters Union, which represents some drivers.

:throwfit:

Oh boohoo. Suck it up buttercup, request denied:biglaugh:

Last edited:
Waaaahhhh!!! :throwfit:

Tells ya something about how UPS runs their surface freight business. Bet those logbooks aren't very compliant.

:toothpick:

Had more issues with the union drivers for the ltl companies more than anything this past month.

As well as the worst for speeding

Had more issues with the union drivers for the ltl companies more than anything this past month.

No kiddin'! I think that's indicative of the pressure put on them to maintain schedule.

Years ago, Prime's freight was 80+% FedX - and to keep the contacts pressure was put on them to be 100% on time, meeting delivery schedules that were brutal without regard to unsafe driving conditions. We had unlimited trucks, and the accident rate reflected that.

I don't doubt this entire exemption business is about the ability of UPS to run their routes with their current crews and equipment if they had to comply with the HOS 100%.

**** UPS! if any company has the resources to get into compliance it would be them. As far as the Teamsters go, Sorry about your luck. Federal regulation super cedes any union contract.

I never seen a Rodeway or YellowFreight flying like a bat out of hell...

Nor a UPS.....

Even many Fed Ex are governed too...

I dunno my new Freightliner only does 64

Watch them through downtown B'ham right now. Speed limit is 40 because of construction. Most do around 55 +/-....Brown is balls out the whole way, every time I go through there.

@ironpony I did a bunch of DHL and Fedex at Barr-Nunn. Figured at 50 mph gate to gate no slack for a ****, traffic, fuel, food.......

Made those JIT automotive loads look positively serene in comparison.

Watch them through downtown B'ham right now. Speed limit is 40 because of construction. Most do around 55 +/-....Brown is balls out the whole way, every time I go through there.

@ironpony I did a bunch of DHL and Fedex at Barr-Nunn. Figured at 50 mph gate to gate no slack for a ****, traffic, fuel, food.......

Made those JIT automotive loads look positively serene in comparison.

I never understood why people haul ass through a construction zone.

That is like probably the worst ticket you can get by that I mean career ruining

I never understand it because it does not gain that much. If a minute or two in a construction zone is the difference between making money and not your working for the wrong people.

I never understand it because it does not gain that much. If a minute or two in a construction zone is the difference between making money and not your working for the wrong people.

Still the worst ticket ya can get...

And most companies I've worked for that's an automatic "termination" offense too..

So good luck finding new job with Speeding Thru Construction ticket on your MVR and DAC...

I never understood why people haul ass through a construction zone.

That is like probably the worst ticket you can get by that I mean career ruining
It's fine if it is only a mile or two of construction. When it is 56 miles of lowered construction speed limits, It breeds frustration and contempt

It's fine if it is only a mile or two of construction. When it is 56 miles of lowered construction speed limits, It breeds frustration and contempt

To be honest I go 50 when it's 45 but even half the truckers Blow my backdoors off doing a mere 5 over...

Construction sites are also COPS Nests...

Always State Police and even Local Sheriff squads staking out through any construction zone

Last edited by a moderator:
as for UPS or FED-EX, the OTR drivers were 100% legit in their driving, for the ones I've come across on the road.
while the delivery trucks that ran the packages, well they drove like dukes of hazzards :thefinger: going 20 over the speed limit no problem.

though the only people to blame is yourself, we live in a society that wants everything NOW ! and these companies are pushed to that limit then they push their drivers to the limit or beyond.

so when it comes to package delivery you want to throw out the " they run illegal " on this thread.
take a step back and look in the mirror & say " I'm the reason these drivers are driving illegal because I want that package now !!!! ;) )

Oh BS. They run hot for the same reason some of our guys do. Just lack of thought processes.

UPS gets none of my dock doors! Because the vans drive like assholes! Cutting in behind trucks when they are backing in. So. Walk your candy ass with your package through the man door, Ring the bell and wait.
Sometimes they leave and come back. The results are the same, No dock door for you!:thefinger:

Still the worst ticket ya can get...
I can think of a few worse tickets you can get than speeding in an orange barrel zone.

DUI, crossing railroad tracks while the lights are flashing or going around the gates, reckless driving, running over protesters,...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread