Uploading Images - Should be easier now.

Mike

I have been needing to get around to this for quite some time, and since @Sinister is now complaining about it, that means it better happen immediately. Or else!

So, after a little bit of research, and gathering the courage to go in and touch the server settings again (at risk of nuclear meltdown), I increased the image upload size a bit, then through settings that are stock in the forum software, set it to automatically resize the image down to a smaller maximum size. In effect, this takes a large image (in terms of MB), and reduces it's size dramatically once it actually lands on the server.

Still doesn't make Chrome behave. One of the buggiest POSes I've ever been plagued with.

@Injun I did it with Chrome on a Galaxy S6, and with good bandwith it went fine.
My android (KitKat with Chrome) has a bad habit of giving me a "low memory" error several times before it uploads pics. It's not just this site. It's also FB. I just roll my eyes and keep trying. Eventually, the pics load. Not sure whether KK is the issue or Chrome...or a combination of the two.

I have been needing to get around to this for quite some time, and since @Sinister is now complaining about it, that means it better happen immediately. Or else!

So, after a little bit of research, and gathering the courage to go in and touch the server settings again (at risk of nuclear meltdown), I increased the image upload size a bit, then through settings that are stock in the forum software, set it to automatically resize the image down to a smaller maximum size. In effect, this takes a large image (in terms of MB), and reduces it's size dramatically once it actually lands on the server.
Now ya' just need to crank up or eliminate the "quota" for staff members to upload media. Every time @Sinister uploads media pix, he uploads them first, THEN tells me to photoshop the company name off the door after everybody's already seen it & left comments & stuff.. At that point the only way to do it is to save it, delete it out of the media folder, edit it & upload it back. They come out of my 50 MB "quota" even though I'm uploading them to his album.

Or he could just text me the dang flippin' pictures & I can photoshop them & text 'em back. I think that might be too difficult a concept for him to grasp. :coocoo:

Now ya' just need to crank up or eliminate the "quota" for staff members to upload media. Every time @Sinister uploads media pix, he uploads them first, THEN tells me to photoshop the company name off the door after everybody's already seen it & left comments & stuff.. At that point the only way to do it is to save it, delete it out of the media folder, edit it & upload it back. They come out of my 50 MB "quota" even though I'm uploading them to his album.

Or he could just text me the dang flippin' pictures & I can photoshop them & text 'em back. I think that might be too difficult a concept for him to grasp. :coocoo:

I need to raise that across the board. Is anybody even close to the quota?

I need to raise that across the board. Is anybody even close to the quota?
:dunno:

Flemming & Sinister seem to use it most but I doubt either one is approaching 50 MB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread