Trucking News: Update from Pilot/Flying J on East coast fuel availability

Did you see a gas or diesel tanker in this pic? From my recollection, the only trucks that Lolly could haul fuel for would be powered by Hall Scotts. (The inset is the proud mother and one son graduating from HS accompanied by his brother.) Some folks here are a taste inobservant. Perhaps inane comments compensate. . . maybe.
View attachment 82952
Yeah youā€™re right. Some people really have no clue whatā€™s going on here.

On a related note. Lollyā€™s grandsonā€™s look like a couple of dicks. Maybe you can straighten them out when you become their pop pop.

Something I did want to clear up. I know that the larger transport trucks Suburban ran were powered by Hall Scotts engines, that's true......however a lesser known fact is that the smaller, less powerful bobtail units were powered by Hall & Oats engines.

They were said to sound comforting and really nice sounding running down the highway at low rpms, but could really put out some high notes as the rpms climbed. They were some of the best sounding engines produced and won several awards.
View attachment 82964
Thatā€™s true, my grandpa worked at a hall and oats shop. He told me about how they set the timing with a metronome. And if you listen to the beat of ā€œman eaterā€. Thatā€™s actually a properly running hall and oats engine.

They were real popular with farmers.

Funny you should mention this. The other day I was watching a VH1 special on Hall and Oates. They met Lolly when they were on tour in Alaska and wrote a song about her.

(Saxophone leads in)
She'll only photoshoot at night
By the glow of the refinery light
She runs a 3408 with a 6 and 4
Watching and waiting
If you run with her
She's gonna have the front door

So many have paid to see
The ice road legend that's homely
The woman is wild, a she-cat tamed by the purr of a caterpillar roar
She loves to hear the V8 clatter
If you're the world's biggest cuck
You ain't gonna get too far

Oh here she comes
Watch out boys
she's trucking it up
Oh here she comes
It's Lolly in her anteater
Screenshot_20210517-120303.png

I wouldn't if I were you
I know what she can do
She's ten times a man, she could really rip your world apart
A block heater don't matter
She grabs the dampener
And twists the crankshaft
To get it to start

Oh here she comes
Watch out boys,
She's trucking it up
Oh here she comes
In her anteater

Last edited:
Funny you should mention this. The other day I was watching a VH1 special on Hall and Oates. They met Lolly when they were on tour in Alaska and wrote a song about her.
(Saxophone leads in)

She'll only photoshoots at night
By the glow of the refinery light
She runs a 3408 with a 6 and 4
Watching and waiting
If you run with her
She's gonna have the front door

So many have paid to see
The ice road legend that's kinda homely
The woman is wild, a she-cat tamed by the purr of a caterpillar roar
She loves to hear the V8 clatter
If you're the world's biggest cuck
You ain't gonna get too far

Oh here she comes
Watch out boys
she's trucking it up
Oh here she comes
It's Lolly in her anteater
View attachment 82975

I wouldn't if I were you
I know what she can do
She's ten times a man, she could really rip your world apart
A block heater don't matter
She grabs the dampener
And twists the crankshaft
To get it to start

Oh here she comes
Watch out boys,
She's trucking it up
Oh here she comes
In her anteater
That one atleast looks kinda like Lolly

Something I did want to clear up. I know that the larger transport trucks Suburban ran were powered by Hall Scotts engines, that's true......however a lesser known fact is that the smaller, less powerful bobtail units were powered by Hall & Oats engines.

They were said to sound comforting and really nice sounding running down the highway at low rpms, but could really put out some high notes as the rpms climbed. They were some of the best sounding engines produced and won several awards.
View attachment 82964
Since this is sort of a trucker site couldn't you have at least made it "Haul" & Oates?

baggage smashers,
Damn! I wish I knew that one when I was an aircraft serviceman, because they will put any occupation that you tell them on your security I.D.
Occupation?
Baggage smasher!
Not for nothing, we only smashed baggage that was packed way too heavy. Word to the wise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread