UNION OR RIGHT TO WORK

Cargo Commando

Today I picked up at Artiflex in Wooster, Oh and delivered to their sister facility in Frankfort, Ky. The freight was sitting on the dock and yet it took the shipper 2 1/2 hrs to load 11 skids. The receiver had me empty in 15 minutes flat. Guess which one was a union shop?

Ummm... Yeah. Pretty disgusting isn't it.

It continues to amaze me the lengths Americans go to get out of working hard and are willing to give a percentage of their pay to a group who's soul purpose is to get paid for doing nothing but collecting money and coming up with more ways to do less but gain more.

Sounds like.....?

One of the many reasons I have little respect for unions.

There's been a commercial on TV lately begging for support for the immigration bill in the Senate...sponsored by SEIU.

Go figure.

Years ago when I first started truckin' we would haul pipe for Oliver Trucking in Winchester Ky up to New Jersey and the receiver was a hardcore union shop that flat refused to unload any truck that was not a Teamster member.
Oliver was a Teamster member in more or less name only just so they could get there trucks in there.
This was back in the trip lease days so we had to run temp signs on the trucks and after we were loaded they'd ask if we needed a union card just in case they checked because we had temp signage on the trucks.
At one time I had a couple cards.
And them Yankees calls us dumb ass hillbillys! LOL

Here is where the family divides. My dad supported me on a union wage. My mom supported us when his union went on strike and left us out in the cold ( Mom is union too) Working two jobs, Gat Damn that woman is strong. I have worked union shops, I know what it is to go to work everyday and do the bare minimum, What it is to tow the union line always against the company that feeds you and gave you a job. ( I am not saying bow down).

What I am saying is, I work hard, That's why I have job in a non union shop. I am saying the unions still turn a profit while the members are on strike making nothing. I am saying unions protect vandals, Canine fornicators and those that bite the hand that feeds them.

I hate delivering to big companies and union shops.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tim

:bigpaddle:

I am all for horse heads......

either attached to their body or left in a bloody pool of a Hollywood producer

Reactions: Tim

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread