U.S. Xpress

Reviewer

U.S. Xpress Enterprises stands today as one of the premier transportation companies in North America. Since 1986, U.S. Xpress has reshaped the landscape of transportation by developing revolutionary innovations that continually deliver unmatched levels of customer satisfaction..

As a leading truckload carrier with expertise in providing award-winning, time-definite, long haul, expedited, dedicated and regional services, U.S. Xpress is strategically positioned to deliver our customers the ultimate in value. Growing through the years to become one of the most diverse transportation solutions in the marketplace, U.S. Xpress has always believed in the importance of building lasting and meaningful relationships with our customers.
(Information obtained from U.S. Express website, and does not necessarily reflect the opinions for truckersforum.net

For more information on U.S. Express, visite:  Welcome to U.S Xpress Enterprises, Inc.
For Driver Information, visit: Welcome to U.S. Xpress

Rate and give a review of U.S. Express here for other drivers and potential drivers to see. Let everyone know the positives and negatives about the company.

What About The Drivers

U.S. Xpress Enterprises stands today as one of the premier transportation companies in North America. Since 1986, U.S. Xpress has reshaped the landscape of transportation by developing revolutionary innovations that continually deliver unmatched levels of customer satisfaction..

As a leading truckload carrier with expertise in providing award-winning, time-definite, long haul, expedited, dedicated and regional services, U.S. Xpress is strategically positioned to deliver our customers the ultimate in value. Growing through the years to become one of the most diverse transportation solutions in the marketplace, U.S. Xpress has always believed in the importance of building lasting and meaningful relationships with our customers.
(Information obtained from U.S. Express website, and does not necessarily reflect the opinions for truckersforum.net

For more information on U.S. Express, visite: *Welcome to U.S Xpress Enterprises, Inc.
For Driver Information, visit: Welcome to U.S. Xpress

Rate and give a review of U.S. Express here for other drivers and potential drivers to see. Let everyone know the positives and negatives about the company.

It's nice to know that they take care of their customers, what I wanna know is, how do they treat their drivers?

My cdl school gave me an application for us express. I'd like to know alittle about them from a former employee.

Has anyone heard of or driven for CT Transportation, LLC?

U.S. Xpress employee

i am new to the forum and found this thread. as an employee of us xpress for almost 2 years as company driver and owner operator. i can honestly say they are an extremely fair company for the company driver and owner op. the miles and respect have always been consistent and the choice of freight has been outstanding. its rarely any kind of cheap loads (when i say cheap i mean going places that dont even have docks. just a pallet jack out on a neighborhood street). they deal with the best customers in the united states. we do almost any large retail, automotive, and expedited frieght company in the united states, and most importantly for me as an owner op 80% drop and hooks. they are pretty much an overall respectful company. you also may have seen some of there sister companies in which they have purchased in the previous years such as Total Transportation of Mississippi, Arnold Transportation, Abilene Motor Express, C&C Trucking of Duncan SC and Xpress Global Systems ( a us xpress division). between those companies we have almost 81 drop yrds and terminals across the united states and nuevo laredo mexico. terminal and drop yard states include AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, LA, MD, MN, MS, NM, NC, NE, NJ, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT,VA, WA. to sum it all up they are pretty much hiring anywhere. again as an owner op having up to 81 drop locations means if i get a load with an extra day to deliver i almost 99% of the time have somewhere to drop and get another load and avoid any layovers. we catch alot of flack for us xpress being an 100% automatic trans. company. people are entitlted to there opinion about that and we do catch alot of critcisim on the cb's and truck stops, for some reason that leads people to believe other things about us xpress. alot of times at truck stops while having dinner or just having a conversation with a driver once they find out i work with us xpress they automatically think im the scum of the trucking industry. all due to driving an automatic truck, but again its there opinions and to keep it on a reality basis the truck may be an automatic but those wheels are always moving and theres always a load in that trailer. criticize if you want but im getting miles, are you?

My wife and I ran out of their Tunnel Hill, Ga. terminal for a year and a half and loved it. I won't tell you they treat there solo drivers the same as they treat their teams, because to tell you the truth, I don't know for sure. I will tell you that every solo driver we ever met on the road, or in the terminals was happy.

They put you in a nice truck, even as a solo driver. They're all automatics which is nice. Don't care who you are, you tell me the next time you get stuck on the Jersey Turnpike, or comin across the GW that you love havin that 10 speed. Ya Lyin, Lol.

The only thing we didn't like initially, was that they will not hire you if you still work for any other company, even on a part-time basis. My wife and I took a leave of absense from Werner for 2 months to try USXpress. We didn't want to quit Werner because we had a good thing to fall back on in case USXpress didn't work out. Nope, they made my wife and I both call Werner while we were in Orientation, and quit, and we had to do it right in front of them. It was OK though, because they're a much better Team Operation.

My opinion, if you're a new driver, just starting out, it's a great place to go and get you're experience. Benefits are good, and the SatComs are a hell of alot nicer than a Qualcomm. Fleet Managers are Nice, @ least the ones we met. You get miles, You get paid well, and you get home when they say you will. What else could you ask for. Just make sure you tell you're fleet manager you're willing to chain up, You'll get more loads if you do.

I hope some of this helps you out. P.S. though, don't go to Werner as a solo driver just starting out. You need to know how to use a paper log, and that paperless system is for the birds. Not to mention, you'll spend alot of time sittin still. They don't pay you very well for sittin still. Lol

P.S.S. If you get on board with them and find yourself on the way down to the Otay Mesa, Ca. Drop Yard, Make sure you have extra gladhand seals and a set of lights for your trailer. LOL

I have just 6 words for you,...."It's Close To The Mexican Border." :tiphat:

they just bought 47 percent of SMITH TRANSPORT in

I would not doubt that. There is also rumor of Us Xpress taking over PTL, unfortunately its another example of smaller companies falling victim to bad economy and large carriers like USX bails them out financially. as far as smith transport goes and being a driver of USX i have not heard anything of a buy in, Usx is really good about informing there drivers about any kind of mergers/takeovers

P.S.S. If you get on board with them and find yourself on the way down to the Otay Mesa, Ca. Drop Yard, Make sure you have extra gladhand seals and a set of lights for your trailer. LOL

I've wondered about their obsession w/gladhand seals. Are they especially valuable? I haven't had lights messed with, but about 1/2 of the trlrs I p/u have the seals missing.

My Husband started the lease program with USXpress 7 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks they don't take out the truck payment but they do take out for the insurances. They give you this time to make some money to save for the nightmare thats ahead which is a understatement. On the third week the 1st truck payment is due and they only give him 873 miles, he grossed $986.49 but after the truck payments insurances and fuel and other deductions he took home -$328.46.

The following week he got 3,290 miles and grossed $3,777.22 and after the truck payment, insurances, bond, fuel, and other deductions he brought home $443.86.

Week 5 the trucks breaks down and had to be towed and the RPXY shifter had to be replaced {this is a 2010 with 5,000 miles on it} anyway after 5 days down he only gets 915 miles for the week and grossed $1,103.65 and after the truck payment, insurances, bond, fuel and $300.00 they charged him for the jump start he brought home $-627.01.

Week 6 he gets 3,035 miles and grossed 3,396.43 and after the deductions and $243.00 for the parts he brought home $312.56.

Week 7 he gets 2,205 miles and grossed $2,491.65 and after the truck payment, insurances, fuel, and all other deductions he will bring home $221.36. they said they are going to deduct $75.00 a week on top of the money they take out for the maintenance reserve . because there wasn't enough money in the maintanence reserve fund.

After peterbilt pays them back through the warranty which can take up to 2 months, they will give it back to my husband meanwhile my husband isn't making enough money to pay our bills. He has brought home $970.00 in 5 weeks and our rent alone is $810.00.

He is gone for 6 weeks at a time and comes home for only 2 days and leaves again. We have kids and he is the only provider and we aren't doing so well, he signed a 1 yr contract and he is stressed out......

Makkaylasnana

Sorry to hear about your financial issues with leasing. To be honest with you, this is why so many companies are hiring ONLY leasee's or O/O - so they don't have payments and maintenance. The economy is NOT good enough right now to expect to make great money as an O/O. Average mileage is down, fuel is kinda high, labor/maint is high, IFTA keeps going up etc....

One word of advice - NEVER sign a contract as O/O. if you do want to lease on with a company go with one that has a walk-away lease and lower truck payments.

Another option is if you can't afford a truck from a dealer due to bad credit, try private sellers retiring or getting out of the business. Their trucks are usually better maintained than what the dealer has and usually cheaper. Hell you can even find a good combo deal (truck/trailer) for cheap and if it's a flatbed get chains, binders, and all that stuff in a package deal.

My wife and I ran out of their Tunnel Hill, Ga. terminal for a year and a half and loved it. I won't tell you they treat there solo drivers the same as they treat their teams, because to tell you the truth, I don't know for sure. I will tell you that every solo driver we ever met on the road, or in the terminals was happy.

They put you in a nice truck, even as a solo driver. They're all automatics which is nice. Don't care who you are, you tell me the next time you get stuck on the Jersey Turnpike, or comin across the GW that you love havin that 10 speed. Ya Lyin, Lol.

The only thing we didn't like initially, was that they will not hire you if you still work for any other company, even on a part-time basis. My wife and I took a leave of absense from Werner for 2 months to try USXpress. We didn't want to quit Werner because we had a good thing to fall back on in case USXpress didn't work out. Nope, they made my wife and I both call Werner while we were in Orientation, and quit, and we had to do it right in front of them. It was OK though, because they're a much better Team Operation.

My opinion, if you're a new driver, just starting out, it's a great place to go and get you're experience. Benefits are good, and the SatComs are a hell of alot nicer than a Qualcomm. Fleet Managers are Nice, @ least the ones we met. You get miles, You get paid well, and you get home when they say you will. What else could you ask for. Just make sure you tell you're fleet manager you're willing to chain up, You'll get more loads if you do.

I hope some of this helps you out. P.S. though, don't go to Werner as a solo driver just starting out. You need to know how to use a paper log, and that paperless system is for the birds. Not to mention, you'll spend alot of time sittin still. They don't pay you very well for sittin still. Lol

Are there any Husband/Wife teams currently working at USX, on this forum ? I have a few questions.

1. How was the training ?

2. How's the treatment ?

3. Are you getting miles ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread