U.S. and Canada sign new border deal for customs clearance

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
By David Tanner, Land Line senior editor

U.S. and Canadian trucks will soon be able to clear customs on their own sides of the border before going across. U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson and Canadian Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney signed the Agreement on Land, Rail, Marine and Air Transport Preclearance on Monday, March 16. It lays the legal framework for both countries to expand customs pre-clearance by placing U.S. customs officials on the Canadian side and Canadian customs officials on the U.S. side at land border crossings.

Customs pre-clearance has worked at a select group of airports. The latest agreement expands pre-clearance to all land, rail, marine and air transport between the two countries, pending legislative approval.

- See more at: U.S. and Canada sign new border deal for customs clearance

Reactions: AK7
They have something like that at FT. Erie/Buffalo. Right now it is voluntary. LMAO! Trucks are lined up for that B.S.Because they think they have to go through it.

I by-pass that shit. You should see the looks on the drivers faces as I go around.
I don't like the idea of driving through an X-Ray. If they want to X-Ray the truck they can do that on the American side when I am not in the truck.
I wonder if Canada will be allowed to pre-screen on the American side. Not bloody likely!

Well, as long as America has boots on the ground in other Countries, They are happy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread